Paisley Pubs

I don't know how much truth is in it but I was told this morning that it's The Piccolo Mondo that's moving into The Kelburne.

Somebody was saying last night that it's the Italian restaurant in Johnstone High St that's got The Kelburne.

Apparently the American diner will be next door to Bella Roma on the ground level, so dunno what's going on upstairs exactly ? I hear also that the former College Bar on High St that was refurbished over a year ago but lay empty ever since, will open this Saturday.

Reading through this thread makes me feel very nostalgic towards my Paisley residing days.

The sad thing for me is that, while living a mere twenty minute drive away, getting to Paisley by public transport is, give or take, a two hour haul - one way!

One option for getting across that I previously exploited (other than getting a lift/rescued/poured into the motor by the missus) was to hop on the subsidised bus over to the RAH, but they've buggered about with the times.

A wee pub crawl day is definitely an option, though. Preferably with no fitba to ruin it!

Edited by Drew

Apparently the American diner will be next door to Bella Roma on the ground level, so dunno what's going on upstairs exactly ? I hear also that the former College Bar on High St that was refurbished over a year ago but lay empty ever since, will open this Saturday.

The sign outside says the upstairs is a cocktail bar. The diner must be going in the former tyre/alloy shop next door as there was work going in there last week.

Former China Sea above the Court Bar is also having work done so looks like it's going to reopen as something.

I hear also that the former College Bar on High St that was refurbished over a year ago but lay empty ever since, will open this Saturday.

It was their opening party tonight,invite only.

It's the guy from the Gleniffer Hotel that has it.He was going to open to the public today until he realised it's Fri 13th......so Sat it is.

Fergus is hoping to open The Cave,formerly The Yard,on Fri 20th Nov.

That's same night as the soap dodgers game so hopefully a double celebration. :)

Ok, ok... I give in. :rolleyes:

WHERE is The Cave, formerly The Yard...?

I guess New Street from earlier comments... The old PDE building, perhaps...?

Or is it somewhere else altogether?

Was it also called Faithers or In Laws or was I on the snakebite too?

I remember a cosy wee boozer and an impressively stacked barmaid, wait hold on , that doesn't really help either !?

I could be mixing up drinking in the Bull's wee snugs with drinking in "The Ferriers" , hmmm, seemed about the same size.....must have been some night. Maybe it was during the Hendrie promotion season ,2000 ??? That might explain it