Paisley Pubs

I remember a cosy wee boozer and an impressively stacked barmaid, wait hold on , that doesn't really help either !?

I could be mixing up drinking in the Bull's wee snugs with drinking in "The Ferriers" , hmmm, seemed about the same size.....must have been some night. Maybe it was during the Hendrie promotion season ,2000 ??? That might explain it

I thought Ferriers closed well before 2000? I don't ever remember being old enough to drink in it?

I remember a cosy wee boozer and an impressively stacked barmaid, wait hold on , that doesn't really help either !?

I could be mixing up drinking in the Bull's wee snugs with drinking in "The Ferriers" , hmmm, seemed about the same size.....must have been some night. Maybe it was during the Hendrie promotion season ,2000 ??? That might explain it

I went to the game against Aberdeen that season where the late Zerouali scored a stunning goal.

Bought my tickets outside the ground and then it was Carnegie's for after game beers.

How I wish the old Tudor Arms could reopen as it was during the eighties with the Bislands brothers and family still running it. For younger buds it was imho the best pub in the town for pub grub as well being a great saint pub. Sitting in the front lounge with the wife then going to the toilet and returning via the bar or back lounge with an other vodka down the throat made her think I couldn't handle the bevvy thumbup2.gif

How I wish the old Tudor Arms could reopen as it was during the eighties with the Bislands brothers and family still running it. For younger buds it was imho the best pub in the town for pub grub as well being a great saint pub. Sitting in the front lounge with the wife then going to the toilet and returning via the bar or back lounge with an other vodka down the throat made her think I couldn't handle the bevvy thumbup2.gif

Where was the Tudor? Heard many a good story about it.

Great Pub .thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

Carnegies.

Ronnies Bar,next door,was good too.They had an all day licence because it was classed as a restaurant while The Tudor had to close between 2:30 + 5:00pm.

Eh, 230 and 5 closing .....................wtf. Could they knock out a wee sandwich..............

All day drinking has been on the go for decades, many's the time a Lunch time Ploughman's has resulted in a twelve hour sesh, great days. Oh and no, erm, that's not a euphemism.................

Carnegies.

Ronnies Bar,next door,was good too.They had an all day licence because it was classed as a restaurant while The Tudor had to close between 2:30 + 5:00pm.

Leaving pub at 2-40 and walking down to love st for k/o and being back outside the pub at 4-55 waiting for the doors to open thumbup2.gif

You used to get a lot of last minute fans in the afternoon closing days.Last orders meant go to the football or go to the bookies.Of course you were allowed to take drink in with you back then.Deans Off Sales in Love St must have taken a fortune between 2:30 + 3pm!!!

The roll and steamed sausage was legendary. McMillans roll, thickly buttered with a sizeable slice with gravy (and onions if you wished), they cured many a hangover.

The steak pie and braised steak lunches were exceptional too, maybe it's just notalgia but I rarely enjoy pub grub today in the way that I did in the TA

Eh, 230 and 5 closing .....................wtf. Could they knock out a wee sandwich..............

All day drinking has been on the go for decades, many's the time a Lunch time Ploughman's has resulted in a twelve hour sesh, great days. Oh and no, erm, that's not a euphemism.................

Listen, many a Friday night we would drive up to the Paraffin Lamp, pay 50p and get half a sausage roll on a napkin, just to get to drink until 11.15pm. Happy days!

Listen, many a Friday night we would drive up to the Paraffin Lamp, pay 50p and get half a sausage roll on a napkin, just to get to drink until 11.15pm. Happy days!

That raises more questions than it answers tbh whistling.gif Drink driving, just a half sausage, was a full one too much fro the napkin ........... ??

Oh and why does Meat Loaf's Paradise by the dashboard light resonate around your post .......................

Was it also called Faithers or In Laws or was I on the snakebite too?

was that no up the west end?

Reading thru the last few pages its guid to see more pubs and eating places coming into town so could we just get the high street etc sorted and lets make this a wee fab wee town please! The Wallace being a snooker hall sounds good - not that I play but its too big a building in a prominent spot to be lay empty and snooker hall would be something different.

• 2 weeks later...