Paisley Pubs

Saparito bars are really good and the guys are good lads too.

Highly recommend the current 2 places so a third is most welcome

The boys have been a breath of fresh air to the Town.I just hope they're not taking on too much,too soon.

The boys have been a breath of fresh air to the Town.I just hope they're not taking on too much,too soon.

I was in a few weeks ago on a Wednesday evening and it was mobbed with a waiting time for tables. If that's a normal Wednesday night, they should hopefully do okay with another location.

• 3 weeks later...

Rod Stewart (@rodstewart) October 29, 2015

The 70-year-old singer, who has just released his new album Another Country, reminisced about his favourite Scottish bar. He spoke about the Wee Barrel in Paisley saying, "I haven't been there for a while in fact they may have knocked it down. But it really was a good Scottish pub."

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13924906.Singer_Rod_Stewart_reveals_who_his_favourite_Celtic_FC_player_is_and_where_he_goes_for_a_tipple_in_Scotland/

Edited by FS

I passed it (Aye, 'passed' it) the very wet Sunday afternoon, after the postponed QoS match.

Glancing in, there seemed to be one punter.

I felt awfy fragile after the long fitba-less Saturday with my Buddies. My belly was NOT asking for beer.

I wandered on to relish the Foontin Gairdens foontin... brilliant sunny Victorian colours in a bleak wintry parkland.

(Same Paint cans, I guess, as they had left over after doing the Cotton Street Bridge.)

I felt slightly guilty. but it was never one of my regulars.

I blame the cheap booze in supermarkets...

Edited by bluto

Although you have to wonder how much the loss of passing football trade has to do with it, when Love Street closed nearly seven years ago and only offered a fortnightly on average cash injection for a couple of hours either side of the match. I'd say the overall decline in pub attendance, supermarket 12 pack drinkers, smoking ban and the generational shift away from the 'wee howffs' has claimed another victim.

I hear Café Borgia will close it's doors for the last time in January. However , another company will purchase it , gut it , and refurbish it , and it will re-open with a new name in the not too distant future !

Café Borgia is no more !