Paisley Pubs

What were the previous names of the pub where The Cave is now?It started off many years ago as part of The Wine Bar and I can remember The Yard and The Imperial but there must have been a few more.

Bar 21 the boardroom is 2 that I remember

Can't say I remember those names Bud.

ETA.......Aye,the more I think of it......The Boardroom rings a bell.

Edited by HSS

What were the previous names of the pub where The Cave is now?It started off many years ago as part of The Wine Bar and I can remember The Yard and The Imperial but there must have been a few more.

In the 70s it was known as the Abbey Bar. At that time the pub now known as the Abbey Bar was known as the New Bar !

Can't say I remember those names Bud.

ETA.......Aye,the more I think of it......The Boardroom rings a bell.

Deffo bar21 also back in 2000 I worked in it for a short time ...boardroom also it had loads of framed football strips all around the place.

Bella Roma has closed. Reopening on Friday as Rebecca's Restaurant.

I gave up on Belle Roma.Far too expensive for what was on offer.They thought they could charge London prices in Paisley.

Bella Roma has closed. Reopening on Friday as Rebecca's Restaurant.

Who's Rebecca?

New owner or just a name change? Rather a quick turnover for a new operator to be opening.

Or more to the point, what's Rebecca's? Guessing it isn't going to be an Italian :/

Edited by civilsaint

What was the previous name of the pub at Maxwellton that's now the Copper Coin? Was it the Maxwelton Bar or was that the place that's now an undertaker?

The Maxwellton Bar (now the undertakers) was also called the Mill House.

The Copper Coin was previously,I think, The Western Bar although I'm not 100%

The Copper Coin was previously,I think, The Western Bar although I'm not 100%

It was indeed. Had my first pint in there one lunchtime (Tennants Light 1/10d, as I had double physics straight after lunch). Thereafter, lunchtime pints were in the Park Bar where a maroon blazer under a duffle coat was a common sight.

It was indeed. Had my first pint in there one lunchtime (Tennants Light 1/10d, as I had double physics straight after lunch). Thereafter, lunchtime pints were in the Park Bar where a maroon blazer under a duffle coat was a common sight.

By the time I got to JNHS you needed a stab vest to drink in there.

We used to go to The Cellar bar for our refreshment during the school day.