Paisley Pubs

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, melmac said:

If there was a pub in Paisley you didn't really need to change, it was the Wee Howff.

Was in yesterday, looking good, same old Howff with a refreshed décor and a brighter look. Rod the mod managed to put in an appearance too before the game !  Still the best juke box in town, Beer prices are up mind ye... ;-)

Guest TPAFKATS
Was in yesterday, looking good, same old Howff with a refreshed décor and a brighter look. Rod the mod managed to put in an appearance too before the game !  Still the best juke box in town, Beer prices are up mind ye... ;-)

Aye it seems more spacious than before as well.
Talking of beer prices, I was in Florida Park (Battlefield Rd, below the high rise flats, think it's the closest to the west side of Hampden) before the game yesterday, £3 a pint was a most pleasant surprise [emoji482]

10 hours ago, FS said:

http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/news/15341027.Rod_Stewart_pops_into_Paisley_pub_for_a_drink/?ref=mrb&lp=1

Plans have been put to the council to knock down the remains of Carnegie's and Liberty's in Old Sneddon St and flats to be built. When it was the Tudor Arms many many years ago, I reckon it was the best run pub in the town when the Bislands ran it. Darts on a Monday night and football on the Sat were my social life all those years ago :cheers

8 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Plans have been put to the council to knock down the remains of Carnegie's and Liberty's in Old Sneddon St and flats to be built. When it was the Tudor Arms many many years ago, I reckon it was the best run pub in the town when the Bislands ran it. Darts on a Monday night and football on the Sat were my social life all those years ago :cheers

Will need to find somewhere else to park in the mornings then :unsure:

3 hours ago, renfrew said:

Just buy 1 of the flats and problem solved  :rolleyes:

Plan is to make it sustainable transport friendly with 100% cycle spaces and only 50% parking spaces. You can hear the neighbourly disputes already ! ;-)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/bulldozers-set-flatten-abandoned-paisley-10630230

New bar called Gantry opening up in New Street tomorrow (site of the old Sangre / Raeburns opposite the Bull).
It's my nephew Jason who is the new owner and its his first venture, so please pop in and have a drink or three.
Many of you will know Jason from his days at the Bankhouse so expect Gantry to be VERY Saints friendly!

18 minutes ago, Herbie said:

New bar called Gantry opening up in New Street tomorrow (site of the old Sangre / Raeburns opposite the Bull).
It's my nephew Jason who is the new owner and its his first venture, so please pop in and have a drink or three.
Many of you will know Jason from his days at the Bankhouse so expect Gantry to be VERY Saints friendly!

All welcome or just St Mirren Season Ticket Holders ? :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS

Can I stick the drink or three on your tab? [emoji482]

5 minutes ago, civilsaint said:

Does anything in that unit last longer than 6 months?

The tapas bar lasted a good 18 months. Used to frequent it regularly.

They made the mistake of turning it into a "trendy" BBQ smokehouse, which fell flat on its arse.

Fingers crossed the new venture prospers.

1 hour ago, soopasaint1877 said:

The Horshoe Bar, Canal At in Paisley, formerly Ann Strathearns. What was it called before that ???

13 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Was that not the Station Bar at one point?

Never the Station.

it opened as The Cavern.