Paisley Pubs

30 minutes ago, billyg said:

We were in last week , highly recommended. A wee bit different to it's competitors and not too expensive !

Looks like a veritable meat fest!

Only gripe I have is, like most other eateries, the insistence in calling a chicken breast in a roll, a "burger". It f**king isn't. It's a chicken breast in a roll!:angry:

Chicken mince, like beef/pork mince does exist. Make a burger out of chicken mince, then it can be called a burger.

Mild rant over.:)

41 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Gleniffer/Corkers/The Library has reopened as Manhattan's.

It opened about a month ago.Only thing that has changed is the name.

It's the same guy who has Pockets/Hamishes/Cosmopolitan that has it.

• 3 months later...
Zambretto Italian in the High St closed down yesterday.

Sad but I think they made a mistake by simply opening a second , essentially carbon copy of the Sneddon street one. They Sapp / Zambretto guys have been a breath of fresh air for Paisley but two of the same type of establishment in the same town was one step too far.

15 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Sad but I think they made a mistake by simply opening a second , essentially carbon copy of the Sneddon street one. They Sapp / Zambretto guys have been a breath of fresh air for Paisley but two of the same type of establishment in the same town was one step too far.

It's just the one guy now , is it not ? Following their wee fall-out !

Think they split the business Billy.1 got the High St and the one under the bridge and the other got the Coffee Shop,Function Suite and Burger and Keg.I might not be 100% correct but it was similar to that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ta, Cockles.  I've no noticed that...  :unsure:

HSS - that yin disnae open in the evenings.  Fine if ye want a roll n bacon or sausage and a wee stripper, but…

And my happy wee childhood slum was just to the left of the red car in your pic.

Barr Street (pronounced Borr/Baur Street, which perplexed my schoolteachers...).

Also I guess there's the Kwang Tung which also does excellent take-aways, but like Tasty Snacks is no way likely to be impacted by something happening at The Cellar.

Edited by antrin