Paisley Pubs

12 hours ago, 17/03/13 said:

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17868709.showcase-cinemas-glasgow-paisley-get-luxury-upgrades/

Come the end of year, you will be able to get a pint at the pictures 😋

26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I was doing that 45 years ago at the Kelburn on the Glasgow Rd  🍻

It's an ordinary occurrence in London and also in Inverness.  Why not in Paisley?  :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

The Craigilea Bar,the nearest pub to St Mirren Park,has had to close permanently after the recent fire.

The owners now hope to relocate the pub across the road to the former premises of the Campbeltown and Islay/Inshot/Republica.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 10:24 AM, HSS said:

Opened at the start of the week.

Went in yesterday and fair to say it looked very nice. Only £2-75 for a Tennent which as much as I like a cheap pint, it may draw in the lowlifes of the town ( yes, no doubt they wouldn't want to drink next to me either  :lol: )

I counted 6 tellies from my point at the bar and was likely more, so for live football it would be good.

Seen a saint fan with his top on putting 2 full pints onto to the bar and telling the barman he can have them before walking out   :huh:

but don't know what was the issue was with him. 

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Went in yesterday and fair to say it looked very nice. Only £2-75 for a Tennent which as much as I like a cheap pint, it may draw in the lowlifes of the town ( yes, no doubt they wouldn't want to drink next to me either  :lol: )

I counted 6 tellies from my point at the bar and was likely more, so for live football it would be good.

Seen a saint fan with his top on putting 2 full pints onto to the bar and telling the barman he can have them before walking out   :huh:

If it was 2 pints of Tennent's lager I can completely understand! :)

Guest TPAFKATS
Went in yesterday and fair to say it looked very nice. Only £2-75 for a Tennent which as much as I like a cheap pint, it may draw in the lowlifes of the town ( yes, no doubt they wouldn't want to drink next to me either  [emoji38] )
I was in earlier today and it was very busy for a Sunday afternoon. Possibly boosted by a holiday weekend.
Also seemed to be a number of folks in their Sunday best - the aftermath of a christening or similar?
Also a wee Stevie Mallan appearance, I'm hoping this is an asda linwood type moment.

2 hours ago, guinness said:

Walked down new street today. Carfuffells closed down but kilty kilty reopened as "the bar,"

Cafuffals meant to be getting refurbished.Kilty now called #Bar and Borgia reopening soon as Barga.No truth in the rumour that DD picked that name so he would only have to buy 1 new letter!!!

14 hours ago, HSS said:

Cafuffals meant to be getting refurbished.Kilty now called #Bar and Borgia reopening soon as Barga.No truth in the rumour that DD picked that name so he would only have to buy 1 new letter!!!

Cheers HSS. Must be a major refurb as it looked totally gutted. Borgia still looks a long way from finished as well from the little you can see from outside.

22 hours ago, HSS said:

Must be trying to get Paulo Nutini as a customer.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:24 PM, Slartibartfast said:
On 10/10/2019 at 4:19 PM, smcc said:
I remember it as Kilpatricks offices and workshop.

Kilpatrick's offices were round the back, the other side of the white wall you can see on the far right. I don't recall them being in the building mentioned, though they may have been at some point.

The training centre and workshop fronted on to Bridge st and the offices were in the old building you refer to