Paisley Pubs

19 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Where was "The Venue"?

That was the old Rosebud/ Tartan Rose, I used to drink in there when I became old enough to get in boozers (late 80s), I take it you noticed the flag at the Sco v WG game on TV last night? I knew a few of the guys who travelled to Mexico..

21 minutes ago, W6er said:

Pants on fire, Shull! :lol: You seemed pretty annoyed with someone on here yesterday, pal. :wink:

Not regarding Gabriels. 

Some deserve anger directed at them though. 

5 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

That was the old Rosebud/ Tartan Rose, I used to drink in there when I became old enough to get in boozers (late 80s), I take it you noticed the flag at the Sco v WG game on TV last night? I knew a few of the guys who travelled to Mexico..

I played many games of pool in The Rosebud, late 70's to mid 80's.

Always had a few decent players, especially in the late 70's.

The first Superleage games were played in their against teams from and around Glasgow. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I played many games of pool in The Rosebud, late 70's to mid 80's.

Always had a few decent players, especially in the late 70's.

The first Superleage games were played in their against teams from and around Glasgow. 

They had a decent fitba team about the same time

Usually full of the best players from Feegie

5 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

They had a decent fitba team about the same time

Usually full of the best players from Feegie

A few of the pool players from The Rosebud played with me in the new St Mirren club from the mid 80's. 

I had got fed up (banned) from the pub league so had to play in the club league. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A few of the pool players played with me in the new St Mirren club from the mid 80's. 

I had got fed up (banned) from the pub league so had to play in the club league. :lol:

Never took to the St Mirren Club

I was a member and went on the supporters bus

But found the club a West End one and i wasn't from there

So apart from one or two faces not really friendly

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

Never took to the St Mirren Club

I was a member and went on the supporters bus

But found the club a West End one and i wasn't from there

So apart from one or two faces not really friendly

I found it ok, I didn't really know that many people before I started playing pool but soon found enough decent mates to stay playing there till I moved up here. 

Yeah the Rosebud was notorious for being full of bampots, no wonder they won so many pool and dart competions, can only imagine a few opposition players thinking 'Pot this black and we win but I'll likely be picking pieces of a pint tumbler out my face for the rest of the night'.... feck it how did I miss that...

32 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

Yeah the Rosebud was notorious for being full of bampots, no wonder they won so many pool and dart competions, can only imagine a few opposition players thinking 'Pot this black and we win but I'll likely be picking pieces of a pint tumbler out my face for the rest of the night'.... feck it how did I miss that...

Never really came to that.

There were some attempts to intimidate but the teams I played in had enough people who were able to brush that shite off.

The dearly departed Willie Matthews played a couple of "look away before potting the black" shots, that always went down well. 

I played darts a few times in the Rosebuds with the Tudor and we were always well looked after by their dart players. 

Always a good spread of sandwiches as well as a pint laid on as well.

The dartboard was in the lounge and once i was early in the pub so had a pint in the bar, and witness a guy having a piss against the bar   :lol:  he got verbal from the barman but don't think he got thrown out  :lol:

Now the Campbelltown Isley (Think that was the name)  is an other matter  :boxing

• 1 month later...

Weather forecast for Monday is looking good for the opening of beer gardens.  :cheers

Only places in the area that i can think that will be opened are the

Abbey Inn

The Lord Lounsdale

Normandy Hotel

Think the Kind Man in Renfrew has a beer garden

Flying Scotsman 

Maybe places like Harvesters, Steam Wheeler, Brewers Fayre as well.

23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Weather forecast for Monday is looking good for the opening of beer gardens.  :cheers

Only places in the area that i can think that will be opened are the

Abbey Inn

The Lord Lounsdale

Normandy Hotel

Think the Kind Man in Renfrew has a beer garden

Flying Scotsman 

Maybe places like Harvesters, Steam Wheeler, Brewers Fayre as well.

lord of the isles, canal station, de beers, bar pre and the lane in shuttle street are the only ones I can think of who have a beer garden or outside space. 

56 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

lord of the isles, canal station, de beers, bar pre and the lane in shuttle street are the only ones I can think of who have a beer garden or outside space. 

Certainly seem to be a lack of beer garden pubs in the area. 

The Lord Lounsdale does indeed have a beer garden. However, there has been absolutely no sign of life or that any preparation is taking place for re-opening, when I've walked past it.

Edited by FTOF

The Abbey Inn will have room for over 100 people in its beer gardens.They are running it by appointment only,you pre book a table for a 2 hour slot.I don’t know if you can book multiple slots to give you a night out.🍺

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

The Abbey Inn will have room for over 100 people in its beer gardens.They are running it by appointment only,you pre book a table for a 2 hour slot.I don’t know if you can book multiple slots to give you a night out.🍺

That seems quite a number? 

Isn't the 2m rule still active in Scotland? 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That seems quite a number? 

Isn't the 2m rule still active in Scotland? 

They have a large car park,a large and a small beer garden.

Also exemptions from the 2m rule are about to be announced and it’s expected outdoor hospitality will benefit from this.

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

They have a large car park,a large and a small beer garden.

Also exemptions from the 2m rule are about to be announced and it’s expected outdoor hospitality will benefit from this.

I can't find any indication on that.........................

Despite dates being revealed for pubs, restaurants and hairdressers to reopen, people must still comply with the two metre social distancing rule until further notice. However, she added that there will now be some exceptions to the rule.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

The Lord Lounsdale does indeed have a beer garden. However, there has been absolutely no sign of life or that any preparation is taking place for re-opening, when I've walked past it.

Surprise giving the size of the outdoor area as well as the carpark.