Paisley Pubs

43 minutes ago, HSS said:

New eatery in Ladyburn St......    

7D5F2913-7C54-4305-98C6-B544EC2FABD6.jpeg

I noticed, on my way to M&S the other day, the frontage of a new restaurant at the top of New Street where the Indian restaurant (Shish Mahal?) used to be.

Looks like a Burger type place.

I didn't take a photo.

On 10/22/2020 at 12:25 PM, HSS said:

The Court Bar never reopened after the big lockdown.I hope they thought it was to much hassle and will be serving lots of 🍺 in the future.

So do i. 

The shape of the bar was always going to beat them reopening.

• 2 weeks later...

There's yet another ice cream/milkshake place opening in Glasgow Rd (between Alice Chinese and the Taco shop) and another cafe opening in the old Accord Hospice shop.

There's already an ice cream shop beside Indian Scene and a recently opened one beside East End Tandoori.

So, from the Grammar going towards Barshaw there's Snack Shack in Crossflat Cres, Subway, Woodlands Cafe, De Marcos, Bel Cibo, Alice, ice cream place, Taco, Sherwood, 2 Fat Indians, Scoops, Indians Scene, Welcome Inn and Ivy. On the other side there's Greggs, Cafe Royal, the cafe that used to be Auld's and the new cafe. Add in Forno in East Lane and the new chippy, ice cream place and Ladyburn pizza/pasta restaurant that are on the same strip as the EET.

Spoilt for choice once they're all open.

There's yet another ice cream/milkshake place opening in Glasgow Rd (between Alice Chinese and the Taco shop) and another cafe opening in the old Accord Hospice shop.

There's already an ice cream shop beside Indian Scene and a recently opened one beside East End Tandoori.

So, from the Grammar going towards Barshaw there's Snack Shack in Crossflat Cres, Subway, Woodlands Cafe, De Marcos, Bel Cibo, Alice, ice cream place, Taco, Sherwood, 2 Fat Indians, Scoops, Indians Scene, Welcome Inn and Ivy. On the other side there's Greggs, Cafe Royal, the cafe that used to be Auld's and the new cafe. Add in Forno in East Lane and the new chippy, ice cream place and Ladyburn pizza/pasta restaurant that are on the same strip as the EET.

You missed out my favourite Trattoria Genova. [emoji54]

Chicken Genovese in a creamy pesto sauce with potato wedges. Mmmmmmm[emoji3059]

That would be going from the Gramnar towards The Anchor [emoji14]
You went south to EET so I added one travelling West. [emoji39]

Can't believe I missed out Pizza Hut

A Pizza Hut a Pizza Hut Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut
McDonald's McDonald's Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut

Look what you've done to me, not had a pizza for 2 weeks as I was trying to lose some weight I had gained during the Xmas holiday break. Now I can't stop singing that song

McDonald's McDonald's Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut [emoji2959]

40 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Most of them living off of the Grammar School likely. 

Likely be different when the school moved. 

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Most of them living off of the Grammar School likely. 

Likely be different when the school moved. 

Snack Shack (or whatever it's called now), Subway, Greggs and the 2 chip shops certainly do well from the school weans. I don't think any of the others do lunchtime specials so they'll do well when they reopen.

Actually Greggs has reopened, you stand at the door and they bring the food to you.

5 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

EC2CC748-9F2F-47A3-A137-C49F1C62A475.jpeg

15 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Our East End is a bit like Glasgow's West End.     With all the ice cream shops opening are they predicting a long hot summer.  How many will still be in business when the Grammar moves to Renfrew Road. (As Tommy commented, just spotted that)  

Edited by pod

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I noticed that the old Chinese restaurant under Gilmour street station has been refurbished, looks like it might be a bar or restaurant. Which would be nice 

I can barely remember it being opened as a Chinese restaurant   🤔

Going to guess around 20 years it been closed, anybody know for certain ?

I can barely remember it being opened as a Chinese restaurant   [emoji848]
I know it was open 30 years ago, I bought 2 bottles of wine for my sons mother and her friends on their Xmas night out as a surprise.

Not that she'd remember the nice things I did, but can remember everything f'in else. [emoji1787]

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I can barely remember it being opened as a Chinese restaurant   🤔

Think it was called The Peking Rendezvous.

Was only in it once in the early 90's. Ordered a dish that came with shitloads of bell peppers in it, which I hate, despite no mention of them on the menu description. 🤢

I'd say that it closed at the turn of the century too.:rolleyes: