Paisley Pubs

Think it was called The Peking Rendezvous.
Was only in it once in the early 90's. Ordered a dish that came with shitloads of bell peppers in it, which I hate, despite no mention of them on the menu description. [emoji1785]
I'd say that it closed at the turn of the century too.:rolleyes:

Pretty sure I remember it reopening about 10 years ago and only lasting a couple if weeks before closing again.

11 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

It was my great Uncle Jack's showroom, Sweenie's Furniture.

As well as the Chinese restaurant it was also a nightclub called "The Arches", my former Gallowhill nextdoor neighbour Robert Quinn was the bouncer.

Played with and against him

Liked to show his studs time and time again

Big Oldco fan which was a shock considering his surname

On 4/10/2021 at 11:43 AM, windae cleaner said:

Played with and against him

Liked to show his studs time and time again

Big Oldco fan which was a shock considering his surname

All his and extended family were nutters from gallowhill, big Rab being the worst.

On 4/9/2021 at 7:03 PM, FTOF said:

Think it was called The Peking Rendezvous.

Was only in it once in the early 90's. Ordered a dish that came with shitloads of bell peppers in it, which I hate, despite no mention of them on the menu description. 🤢

I'd say that it closed at the turn of the century too.:rolleyes:

My then future wife and I used to go there in the mid 90’s. I think it was called the Banquet House at that time. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Ice Cream/Dessert Shops must be the new Tanning Salons. In addition to the one in Ladyburn St and the 2 already in Glasgow Rd, there's another opening in Glasgow Rd in the former Chameleon tattoo shop and yet another in the old William Hill opposite Kennedys.

There's one in Rowan Street too, where the takeaway shops are.

It's kind of odd as I was talking about this kind of thing with my parents earlier in week. We had got onto subject of what things were like in 60s etc and ice cream/desert shops were commonplace in such as largs, saltcoats etc. Think it came into line with them going tenpin bowling then (when you had to count own score) and how all these things go in cycles.

Although being in west Cumbria, we haven't caught up with the tanning salons yet........................not saying they are slow here but😉

Had my first draught pints in 6 and a half months at the outdoor area of "The Keg" in Gilmour St..

Unfortunately they hadn't secured the uprights of the canopies and as soon as the wind got up they started to move...and were eventually taken down before the blew away.

Of course as soon as this happened at 1645 it started pissing down and the tables emptied pretty quickly.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

Had my first draught pints in 6 and a half months at the outdoor area of "The Keg" in Gilmour St..
Unfortunately they hadn't secured the uprights of the canopies and as soon as the wind got up they started to move...and were eventually taken down before the blew away.
Of course as soon as this happened at 1645 it started pissing down and the tables emptied pretty quickly.
Was driving along Back Sneddon and noticed that the Patter Bar must be a family pub the way they were sitting almost on top of each other. [emoji848]

Was driving along Back Sneddon and noticed that the Patter Bar must be a family pub the way they were sitting almost on top of each other. [emoji848]

I actually clocked that too - just didn’t look right to me. Yes they were outside, however the only problem was they were crammed together like sardines!!

8 hours ago, HSS said:

Abbey Hotel was quiet on the few occasions I passed it

They wouldn't let me and the wife in the last time we went there even though half the tables were empty.

Said it was booking only and we were not the only ones refused entry. 

Were allowed in the week earlier without booking. 

Likely people that had booked had change their mind due to the weather.

Expect it was be quite again today.