Paisley Pubs

10 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Anybody ever been refused service in a pub because they'd been to a funeral that day?

Happened to myself and a couple of mates last night.

One pub in Causeyside will allow funeral drinkers 1 drink and then they are out

Were you in a pub in Causeyside?

I don’t blame publicans I remember the days when I used to frequent pubs and you’d cringe if a funeral mob came in

Personally I’ve never had any problems in the past with attending an informal wake in pubs but I have witnessed issues from groups in the past so understand why publicans take such measures.
One of my pals had his fathers wake in one of the booths at the Bull Inn as it was a quiet affair.
Most events I have ever attended though either take place in private at golf clubs, bowling clubs or hotels and these tend to be sedate affairs compared to pub crawls.

Was just surprised but understand where they are coming from. I had actually changed my tie but my mate never remembered I'd be going to a pub after or we might have got away with being at a funeral.

Went to a quiz in Vodka Wodka or was it Wodka Vodka after my grans funeral about 15 years ago and 4 of us won £240 [emoji1787]

Anyways I don't think the barman was happy when my cuz who had been in for a couple of hours with her mates before we arrived, informed him she'd been to the same funeral. [emoji1787]

16 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Anybody ever been refused service in a pub because they'd been to a funeral that day?

Happened to myself and a couple of mates last night.

When Michelle ran The Anchor she didn't allow funeral parties, the thinking being that at least 1 person would get emotional and start a fight. Now that Nicky and Jo run the pub I don't know if that policy is still in force.

When Michelle ran The Anchor she didn't allow funeral parties, the thinking being that at least 1 person would get emotional and start a fight. Now that Nicky and Jo run the pub I don't know if that policy is still in force.
Only in the anchor a 3 or 4 times a year, yet when I do go in Nicky can tell me what I drink. That's a good barmaid. [emoji106]

45 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Only in the anchor a 3 or 4 times a year, yet when I do go in Nicky can tell me what I drink. That's a good barmaid. emoji106.png

Or it may be that you’re the only guy in Paisley who drinks Campari and Soda?

• 3 weeks later...