Paisley Pubs

I knew John first by playing fitba. Then it seemed he worked behind every bar I went into. Always had time to say hello and have a wee gab. A total gentleman I last saw him a few months ago when he was watching his son playing fitba. I had no idea he was ill and yesterday like many others came as a shock. RIP John and your cowboy boots

• 3 weeks later...

Johns funeral is on Fri,11:30am at Woodside

The funeral cortege will pass Corkers at 11am before driving up New St past Borgia and Paddys 

The service is available online

Edited by HSS

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

Johns funeral is on Fri,11:30am at Woodside

The funeral cortege will pass Corkers at 11am before driving up New St past Borgia and Paddys 

The service is available online

65B177B5-1B7D-4D84-B479-C3EED4DB82EE.thumb.jpeg.2a08a93cec960b43f65c6186b910bffb.jpeg

46 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just back.

Crematorium was mobbed.

A great send off for John.

Aye,knew it would be so stayed clear Heard there was actually a couple of hundred that couldn’t get into the Crematorium. Stood outside the old Paddys with a few mates and a lot of the old bar staff Waited til the cortège passed then went home and watched online 

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

Aye,knew it would be so stayed clear Heard there was actually a couple of hundred that couldn’t get into the Crematorium. Stood outside the old Paddys with a few mates and a lot of the old bar staff Waited til the cortège passed then went home and watched online 

I was one of them. You couldn't really hear the ceremony, but i got to pay my respects to John.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

My Dad used to play Darts/Doms in there in the 80s when we lived in Caledonia St - I think a busy wee place back in the day

My Father in Law was the manager in there for a few years 🍺🥃🍷🍹🍸

17 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The Alamo is being turned into a convenience store (not a shop that sells urinals I have been reliably informed) 

9F5CEF85-B485-45D4-A5FD-4451E6C29991.jpeg

My Local at Barrhead Centre turned into a Convenience Store a few years ago .

Not very convenient for a Pint and a game of Pool 

I’ve said previously, like many of you all that this is by far and away the best thread on here, by quite a distance

I’m genuinely grateful for the pictures/comments and memories you all share

I genuinely really don’t mind being older 53 - but, I really miss my youth and Paisley from when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s

We’ve all got great wee stories to share and It’s sad there’s nothing in recent times to come close to what you all share on here

Still a town in decline but can it recover in our lifetime?

I’ve said previously, like many of you all that this is by far and away the best thread on here, by quite a distance

I’m genuinely grateful for the pictures/comments and memories you all share

I genuinely really don’t mind being older 53 - but, I really miss my youth and Paisley from when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s

We’ve all got great wee stories to share and It’s sad there’s nothing in recent times to come close to what you all share on here

Still a town in decline but can it recover in our lifetime?

Oops I meant the Paisley pictures thread …..sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Cave (Botton of New Street)normally have a band on I think, Kenneddy's Anchor & Welly have Karaoke. Bull Inn normally ok. Swan is an older group I think. Start top of Neilston Rd and do the pub crawl and either go straight on at Kennedy's or go left and go up New Street

5 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Cave (Botton of New Street)normally have a band on I think, Kenneddy's Anchor & Welly have Karaoke. Bull Inn normally ok. Swan is an older group I think. Start top of Neilston Rd and do the pub crawl and either go straight on at Kennedy's or go left and go up New Street

Might be an idea, staying with a mate at McIntyre place. 

Cheers. 

Mind drop off my money from the Scotland game the other week. :wink:

1 hour ago, chalky1 said:

That will suit him. :whistle

What's the best night for a night out in Paisley, a Friday or a Saturday? 
Getting together with a few mates in November, somewhere a bit lively, maybe karaoke or some entertainment? 

Also Ugly Duck has karaoke on Friday (I think) and Saturday (definitely). Abbey Bar has it on Saturdays - that's normally where you'll find me, so you know where to keep away from. [emoji16] The Charleston on both nights, the Balnagowan on Saturdays (not sure about Fridays) - handy if starting at McIntyre Place. Swan normally have a band on late Saturday afternoon into early(ish) evening but sometimes it's ticket only. Anchor sometimes have a band on Saturday afternoons.

I don't often go out on Fridays, so can't really answer the Friday/Saturday bit.

• 1 month later...

The big reunion is all planned for next Saturday, 19th.

Meeting in the Craigdhu before heading out to Braehead for 10 pin bowling, few games of pool, something to eat then back into Paisley.

Nothing "nailed on", just take it as it comes, probably start in Gabriels and wander from there. 

Bet it's raining. :lol: