Paisley Pubs

Not a Paisley pub but the Stab Inn, aka The Croiss Keys in Renfrew is shut again.

Have never drank in Renfrew boozers and have no intention of ever doing so. Just took one look at the Western Bar, that said it all.

Anyway what about the likes of the Craigielea Bar or any of the hostelries on Well Street....................

Have never drank in Renfrew boozers and have no intention of ever doing so. Just took one look at the Western Bar, that said it all.

Anyway what about the likes of the Craigielea Bar or any of the hostelries on Well Street....................

Never been in the Ferry Inn then? One of my favourites.

after it was a pub it was called the east end cafe, remember ma maw taking me and ma brother there, it used to have jukebox, only one we saw in paisley at the time, oh happy days

The East End Cafe was next door to Snoddies mate. My mum used to drop me off at Snoddies 38 years ago on Saturdays as my faither drank in there. 2.00 pm and i would sit in the Snug. Go to game and mother would pick me up at 5.00 and father would continue with his festivities till dark o clock.

I still go to games with faither and he goes home now and i stay out till dark o clock. Oh happy days

The East End Cafe was next door to Snoddies mate. My mum used to drop me off at Snoddies 38 years ago on Saturdays as my faither drank in there. 2.00 pm and i would sit in the Snug. Go to game and mother would pick me up at 5.00 and father would continue with his festivities till dark o clock.

I still go to games with faither and he goes home now and i stay out till dark o clock. Oh happy days

Dae ye stay oot wi anybuddie we know :rolleyes:

Little known fact about the Ferry Inn was that 'Franklin Gollings' writer of 1957 naval epic movie 'The Yangtse Incident' and 'Connecting Rooms' starring Bette Davis, ran The Ferry Inn with his Mrs in the late 80's.

Noticed yesterday that the Cally Bar is shut down and boarded up.Strange one as it was always quite a busy pub.

The cally has not been busy for about 5 years, i used to drink in it and its a good pub always clean. but its been dead for a while, Malky the owner has had it up for sale for ages he wants £170,000 for it, but that comes with a cracking flat above it, the only offer hes had for it is from MacKays factory who want to knock it down to make an enterence to the factory from caledonia st, Me skodasaint and alot of mates have great memories of the cally and it would be shame if its knock down

New Zealand is a long way to go for a drink.

A pal of mine from NZ (Wellington, even!) was in The Bull (and other locals) with me on Saturday night. :)

edit: to add - the reason I came on this thread was to mention a pub (the name of which I couldnae recall) now vanished from Earth. Halfway up Storie Street on the left.

Katie Hart's. Dunno if that's the spelling. Used to furnish scrumpie.

Edited by chingford

Guest The Shadow

It was in there or nearby that the' John Mowat 77' lost our 45ft ' John Mowat 77' banner on the way back from Clydebank after singing the old sea shanty 'Jimmy Bone's Black and White Navy' on the ferry.

When I was in New York with the Lobsters in 1989, we were staying in Manhattan with some American/ Paisley Grammar Schhool boy equivelants. One hungover morning, myself and the Burnett brothers at a loose end,were having a look through the assembled literature, and happened upon a paperback of the worlds gay bars. As you do, checking out the home front, went to the Scotland section, and under Paisley, was no less than 'The Toby Jug'

Shockeroonie! Anyone care to enlighten? :ph34r:

When I was in New York with the Lobsters in 1989, we were staying in Manhattan with some American/ Paisley Grammar Schhool boy equivelants. One hungover morning, myself and the Burnett brothers at a loose end,were having a look through the assembled literature, and happened upon a paperback of the worlds gay bars. As you do, checking out the home front, went to the Scotland section, and under Paisley, was no less than 'The Toby Jug'

Shockeroonie! Anyone care to enlighten? :ph34r:

Are you Frankie Hepburn?

I'll ask Frankie if he still does when he gets back frae Morocco next week... :lol:

He once played giuitar for Defiant Pose in the George one Saturday afternoon, 3 gigs in one day, 1st was a lunchtime in the Bungalow, 2nd, the opening of Lesley G's across from Baillies' on the pavement, and then 3rd, erm....the first one mentioned. Top guitar player. ( and well hung) the Bassa' :)

He once played giuitar for Defiant Pose in the George one Saturday afternoon, 3 gigs in one day, 1st was a lunchtime in the Bungalow, 2nd, the opening of Lesley G's across from Baillies' on the pavement, and then 3rd, erm....the first one mentioned. Top guitar player. ( and well hung) the Bassa' :)

Aye, I see Frankie quite a lot, he gave up the rock n' roll to look after mentally disabled weans down in Ayrshire, but comes out of retirement now and again whenever Steak n' Kidney Devine puts a gig or two together ! :lol:

Suppsed to making a vid for his wean's band 'The Midden' sometime soon ???

I was round at the Abbey Hotel for my Tues night pint,or two,and was told it's closing a week on Thurs for 3/4 months.Totally renovated and going all that modern way :unsure:

Anyone know a pub looking for a Domino team?The natives are getting restless. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...