Paisley Pubs

The problems are that it costs way over £2...£2.30-£2.50 for a pint of lager/heavy in most pubs and it is set to rise...the rise in the budget plus all these "doom n gloom" forecasts about failed barley crops n shit pushing the price above £3.

Morrisons (and others) do 40 bottles (20 pints) of Stella (and others) for £15...this is the TRUE price of booze and the pubs want to take note.

How much profit does a pub make on a pint?Are they not paying a pretty penny to buy it in?

Filling Stations hardly make any money on fuel!!

Some one should start a thread.........................

Paisley Filling Stations

Closed and Derelict :huh:

The problems are that it costs way over £2...£2.30-£2.50 for a pint of lager/heavy in most pubs and it is set to rise...the rise in the budget plus all these "doom n gloom" forecasts about failed barley crops n shit pushing the price above £3.

Morrisons (and others) do 40 bottles (20 pints) of Stella (and others) for £15...this is the TRUE price of booze and the pubs want to take note.

A pint of Guinness went up to £3 in The Bull and Cafe Borgia last week, to name but two. The Bull had to reduce the price after a day or so, as sales went through the floor. I think the chancellor may well have to take note of the fact, the so called 'Morrisons option' is fast becoming the only one for many nowadays, combined with the smoking ban, it's no wonder this thread has become such a prolonged affair...

A pint of Carlsberg in the pub nextdoor tae mah running club (a Brewers Fayre hole but SO handy...) WENT UP TO £2.58 THIS WEEK.

Which is not bad for down here - though I have just bought a couple of 18x440m cases of Carlsberg cans for £6.59 a case! Tesco's... with a World Cup offer...

...which reduces the price of indoors booze dramatically, as Tom sez....

That makes it that a can is about a pint - for a mere... er...

...just less than 40 pence.

Is it though? Are the supermakets not just using their power and financial muscle to sell booze at a loss or break even, in order to continue their "one stop shop" ambitions and draw more folk into their stores?

Is it though? Are the supermakets not just using their power and financial muscle to sell booze at a loss or break even, in order to continue their "one stop shop" ambitions and draw more folk into their stores?

Same philosophy Weatherspoons use to drive local pubs out of business...

I read 2 weeks ago that they are struggling as well.

Are we returning to the days of the ubiquitous parties held by rotation in peoples houses I wonder?

All the houses are closing down, naebody can afford one anymore... :ph34r:

I don't usually head along King St, but i passed along today and noticed a "Sold" sign on the Heighways pub. Anyone know if the sign has been up long? I believe Chingford was a fan of the old place...

Maybe it is going to be re-opened just in time for St.Mirren's move to the new stadium and the expected hordes of Buddies passing by ?! :wink:

Or maybe it's just going to be made into flats or another takeaway ? :unsure:

I don't usually head along King St, but i passed along today and noticed a "Sold" sign on the Heighways pub. Anyone know if the sign has been up long? I believe Chingford was a fan of the old place...

Maybe it is going to be re-opened just in time for St.Mirren's move to the new stadium and the expected hordes of Buddies passing by ?! :wink:

:wink:

the architects office i work in have just been asked to take over the planning for mankies to turn that into flats the original architect has went bust and we've got the contract now i was told because I'm from paisley and I'm awesome. so im wondering what happened to it becoming a major dancing?!

the architects office i work in have just been asked to take over the planning for mankies to turn that into flats the original architect has went bust and we've got the contract now i was told because I'm from paisley and I'm awesome. so im wondering what happened to it becoming a major dancing?!

:lol: What rubbish.

combined with the smoking ban, it's no wonder this thread has become such a prolonged affair...

A pub a day has closed in Scotland since the smoking ban was introduced.

Scottish Government claims closures aren't linked to this :lol:

Have hardly set foot in a pub since the smoking ban.

A few years ago, Florida introduced a smoking ban. Two years later they had smoking bars and non smoking bars. Wonder why?