Paisley Pubs

Platform 1 being refurbished.

I wonder what they'll call it this time...?

'End of the Line' ?

'The Buffer Zone'

'Canal Knowledge'

'Train in Vain'

'Sprinters Rest'

'The Tax Dodge'

???

That's the one, revamped from the original Paisley Canal Street railway station as a Beefeater pub/restaurant around 1987/8.

Whatever happened to the wee toy train that used to zoom about yon beefeater? I loved that train!

Whatever happened to the wee toy train that used to zoom about yon beefeater? I loved that train!

As far as I recall, it fell aff and hit somebody on the napper, so it got sin dyed and derailed permanently. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I see it's Maclays that have bought Platform 1.

The same company that spent £500K on the Todholm Inn.Apparently it's now making a fairly healthy profit.

They also own the Bull Inn.

Looks like the Kilty Kilty mob are taking on the former O'Neills in New Street... At least according to the signage in the door inviting customers to "Visit our other bar Kilty Kilty, whilst this pub is under refurbishment."

Looks like the Kilty Kilty mob are taking on the former O'Neills in New Street... At least according to the signage in the door inviting customers to "Visit our other bar Kilty Kilty, whilst this pub is under refurbishment."

I think our resident local hostelry expert (HSS) mentioned something along those lines when O'Neill's announced it was shutting.

I think our resident local hostelry expert (HSS) mentioned something along those lines when O'Neill's announced it was shutting.

Yip, I think he predicted 'The Last Post' would have a flitting, or maybe Cafe B ??? :huh::P

Yip, I think he predicted 'The Last Post' would have a flitting, or maybe Cafe B ??? :huh::P

I never mentioned the Last Post,

My Pub Mole tells me that KK has indeed bought O'Neills but the big question is................will they open it or is it a Tesco move.Buy it to stop any competition getting it? :blink:

Time will tell.