Paisley Pubs

Already sounds like the kind of place that will be doing buckets of Breezers for a tenner and employing shite DJ's to play "Cheezy Pop" at deafening levels.

Yip, that's the idea. Although if it's cheezy pop you're after, you could always check out the 80's disco at Penny Lane hosted weekly by that non singing bloke from Black Lace, still sporting the same skunk mullet hairdo from 25 years ago... :lol:

The former O'Neill's in New Street is now called...wait for it...

CARFUFFELS (sic) :lol:

Not Kerfuffles but CARFUFFELS :lol:

Bright yellow signage with black wording.

Already sounds like the kind of place that will be doing buckets of Breezers for a tenner and employing shite DJ's to play "Cheezy Pop" at deafening levels.

Magic ! That's my night sorted then !!

I mean ffsake anything is an improvement in the town just now !

Great , better get my Bono boots and stripey jumper looked out cos this looks like a pullin palace :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Kelburne , I hear , is closing soon , it's coming to the end of it's current lease and it isn't being renewed. Which is good news as far as I'm concerned , it's never been the same place since Tommy Wright gave the place up.

That's what happens when you give a *** a pub to run. :P

• 2 months later...

The Cellar has closed again.

Russells has also closed.Always liked it as the Bruce when Sandman and myself used to frequent it after the football.Pinball,not a bad pint,chippie round the corner and best of all..........right downstairs from Club 61.There was a brilliant fight one night we were in. :lol: It was okay when it 1st opened as Russells but went downhill rapidly when the bird left for the Tartan Rose.

I heard a wee rumour that the Craigilee is closing but that would surprise me as it's quite a busy pub and I thought they would maybe get a turn from the football.

Russells has also closed.Always liked it as the Bruce when Sandman and myself used to frequent it after the football.Pinball,not a bad pint,chippie round the corner and best of all..........right downstairs from Club 61.There was a brilliant fight one night we were in. :lol: It was okay when it 1st opened as Russells but went downhill rapidly when the bird left for the Tartan Rose.

I heard a wee rumour that the Craigilee is closing but that would surprise me as it's quite a busy pub and I thought they would maybe get a turn from the football.

Is the Craigilee the nearest pub to St Mirren Park? Or maybe that pub in Shortroods? (Canny mind it's name)

I was thinking about which pub to frequent, pre-match. Leaving the Tile 10 minutes earlier or going to Jaybees are my current options.

Craigielea wont be closing, big Fletcher the owner has had a heart attack and is ill in Hospital, wee pat will keep the pub going like he has done for th past few years

Edited by santaponsasaint

Is the Craigilee the nearest pub to St Mirren Park? Or maybe that pub in Shortroods? (Canny mind it's name)

I was thinking about which pub to frequent, pre-match. Leaving the Tile 10 minutes earlier or going to Jaybees are my current options.

DEFINITELY CRAIGIELEA.

This is something thats puzzled me for a while, that folk seem to think the new ground is miles away. The walk from the court end of St James St to Love St is the same as the walk to about halfway along Underwood Road, leaving only a few hundred yards more. Its likely only to take 2 or 3 minutes more to get to GHR. No need for any radical changes to anyones pre match plans.

Edited by Thorizaar

This is something thats puzzled me for a while, that folk seem to think the new ground is miles away. The walk from the court end of St James St to Love St is the same as the walk to about halfway along Underwood Road, leaving only a few hundred yards more. Its likely only to take 2 or 3 minutes more to get to GHR. No need for any radical changes to anyones pre match plans.

You're right, but some people are just lazy.

You thinking aboot the Cottage Arms Derek?

Did anybody see The Cottage Arms was used in the Rab C. Christmas special? :)

My first ever carry oot, ah, bottle o' Martini, wandered doon to the racecourse, swallied the lot, staggerd back hame to Andrews street, Mother spotted me from the windae, the rest wisnae very pretty!!!! :wacko:

Did anybody see The Cottage Arms was used in the Rab C. Christmas special? :)

My first ever carry oot, ah, bottle o' Martini, wandered doon to the racecourse, swallied the lot, staggerd back hame to Andrews street, Mother spotted me from the windae, the rest wisnae very pretty!!!! :wacko:

Are ye Rab C. in disguise ? :P:lol:

As well as the Cottage Arms , ye could also see the back of the Caley Stand in the Programme.