Paisley Pubs

Penny Lane/Suburbia kaput. Shuttle Street to be renamed 'Shut Street'.

I was most surprised to hear this today.One of the busiest weekend pubs in the Town that has just spent a small fortune on a refurb.Their trouble was that they were getting nobody in during the week.Staff only found out when they went in to start their shifts.

Story about pubs on the front page of the PDE today.Any PDE readers spot the howler of a mistake?

Tis a consequence of the Smoking ban, approved by all fag-fascists :shockaroony

According to a report from the licensed victuallers last year, income from drink was down 9.8% year on year . Smoking ban or people just cutting back ?

If more pubs would INVEST in their business rather than just expect punters to turn up for shoddy service and grotty pubs then they would do better.

Perhaps the loss of some pubs is natural wastage of deadwood, My local is busier than ever since new lanlords came in, tarted the place up and put entertainment on at the weekends. The last waste of space landlord spent more time outside with the smokers complaining about how bad things were !

If you cant be arsed with your business, why should you expect paying punters to be.

open pubs in the town centre,last post,hammishes,langs,club bar,the argyll,the pig n pen,the croft,buchanans (if you dare)gilmours,the bankhouse.the wallace,paddys,borgia,imperial,soho,corkers,afton.tea gardens,the turf,have i missed any out?oh the old fat sams feck knows what its called now?

Story about pubs on the front page of the PDE today.Any PDE readers spot the howler of a mistake?
Yes i seen the mistake, the wrong pub/picture is on page 7. Not on the front page. :wink:

Glad i dont do the editing yet. B)

It's on the front page of my paper.Page 7 is a story about thieves stealing gas pipes.You must have got the late edition. :wink:

QUOTE (Vambo57 @ Mar 30 2009, 15:47) 
Tis a consequence of the Smoking ban, approved by all fag-fascists

Rubbish. While it is a contributing factor, the real reason is that you can get 4 beers from the supermarket for the same price as one from the pub.

£2.50-£2.60 for a pint of normal (ie not Stella/1664/Budweiser etc which are usually 20-30p dearer still) lager is way too much.

Rubbish yersel :P Pubs have ALWAYS been overpriced. Yees were aw warned aboot a smoking ban and noo yer aw sufferin the consequences. GIRUY fag-fascists.

Even noo, there's usually more folk ootside hivin a fag, than in the Pub :P The smell o pish inside is mingin...

Edited by Vambo57

Suzy Qs is up for sale for £200k if anybuddie is interested. :unsure:

Actually valued at over 500k , I believe that a former Chelsea player now living in Canada still has a stake in it . Administrators are trying to get rid of it at a knock down price , the interior had a £150k refit 2 years ago !

I'd rather be in a less crowded pub and be able to breate, thanks a lot.

LONG LIVE THE SMOKING BAN

...and you m'dear will have less and less pubs where you can.. erm... breate

...I've never heard of these pubs where you can breate, no wonder they are less crowded, but can you smoke in them :huh:

Edited by Vambo57

Actually valued at over 500k , I believe that a former Chelsea player now living in Canada still has a stake in it . Administrators are trying to get rid of it at a knock down price , the interior had a £150k refit 2 years ago !

E.M?