Paisley Pubs

Forbes Place, on the corner next to the river. :D

Remember drinking in it in 1985. :o

Dunno why, but it just doesn`t ring any bells with me.

At that time i was drinking mainly in shuttle street ( IN the pubs - not in the street. ) The original shuttles with the barmaids in the basques, The earl of cranby & round the corner in the wine bar.

This is probably a boring post, all been written before, etc.

Had a walk along Paisley High Street last night for the first time in a long while. I was staggered by the number of pubs whose doors appear to have closed for the last time. What is going on? Why is there so many of these businesses failing?

Theres a depression..smoking ban..rates to high..price of drink to high...people scared to go out and enjoy themselves for fear of running into gangs of feral neds...i have probably left a few things out...but apart from that.....(singy bit)..."my kind of town"Paisley...so shit they named it once.

At that time i was drinking mainly in shuttle street ( IN the pubs - not in the street. ) The original shuttles with the barmaids in the basques, The earl of cranby & round the corner in the wine bar.

i ditto that

and the new craze for bottled beer...hobec :huh:

the big couches in shuttles :)

those were the days when paisley was the place to go

and the Latin Quarter :cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an unusual post.......it's about a pub OPENING. :blink:

The College Bar was due to open today.It's in the High St where Barsova was.Seemingly they have brought in a world class chef from Newcastle.Word has it he is a St Mirren fan. :huh:

The College Bar was due to open today.It's in the High St where Barsova was.Seemingly they have brought in a world class chef from Newcastle.Word has it he is a St Mirren fan. :huh:

Yeah I noticed the workies in doing the place up last week, wonder how long it'll last and will it be any good...? :blink:

wai aye man, a fishy on a dishy when the boat comes in then :ph34r:

Typical scenario - Belhaven give the place a (cheap and nesty) refurb then get someone to take the place on with short term lease. It looks horrible, and won't last long! :ph34r: