Paisley Pubs

asks a question, then answer same question with a question of questionable accuracy  :rolleyes:

I've never heard of it before, and I know all the seedy joints in the town , so Oakshaw was a good bet as I haven't frequented that area too often since my school days ! :wink:

I've never heard of it before, and I know all the seedy joints in the town , so Oakshaw was a good bet as I haven't frequented that area too often since my school days ! :wink:

yeah its in oakshaw - really nice hotel - do decent lunch too (not sure if they do dinner).

website

Edited by BLF

Where is that? Up Oakshaw way?

I'm pretty sure it's in the grounds of Orr Square church (to the east of the Kirk) in what was the old manse for Mr Morrison - who was the minister when the 23rd BB was still on the go. Off topic: The BB hall was down Storie Street opposite the Nusery school that's still part of the college, I think.... nice grey sandstone buidling.... unless that's been demolished, too?)

The Ashtree is a V Upmarket guesthouse. It's rumoured that an L. Armstrong stayed there recently... :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure it's in the grounds of Orr Square church (to the east of the Kirk) in what was the old manse for Mr Morrison - who was the minister when the 23rd BB was still on the go.  Off topic: The BB hall was down Storie Street opposite the Nusery school that's still part of the college, I think.... nice grey sandstone buidling....    unless that's been demolished, too?)

The Ashtree is a V Upmarket guesthouse.  It's rumoured that an L. Armstrong stayed there recently...  :rolleyes:

hmm , continuing the cycling theme , I am told Revd Morrison used to cycle all around Paisley. My granny knew him  :whistle Maybe you knew my granny  :zipit

hmm , continuing the cycling theme , I am told Revd Morrison used to cycle all around Paisley.

I'd forgotten that. He regularly had the bike clips on even when there was NO bike to be seen anywhere... :o

Maybe you knew my granny :zipit

I wouldn't put it past me.... :)

(copyright:NSS)

Edited by bluto

I'm pretty sure it's in the grounds of Orr Square church (to the east of the Kirk) in what was the old manse for Mr Morrison - who was the minister when the 23rd BB was still on the go. Off topic: The BB hall was down Storie Street opposite the Nusery school that's still part of the college, I think.... nice grey sandstone buidling.... unless that's been demolished, too?)

The Ashtree is a V Upmarket guesthouse. It's rumoured that an L. Armstrong stayed there recently... :rolleyes:

Its not that upmarket if they let the likes of me and Louis Armstrong stay in it. Is he no deid by the way?

• 2 weeks later...

........................ and the owner of a place in County Square is moving into Raeburn's when it's vacated!

My nephew is a chef in Raeburns, told me when they move into the hotel that Raeburns would turn the restaurant into a cafe.

Not seen my nephew since the Blackpool game in the summer so maybe things have changed.

My nephew is a chef in Raeburns, told me when they move into the hotel that Raeburns would turn the restaurant into a cafe.

Not seen my nephew since the Blackpool game in the summer so maybe things have changed.

Although it does have a TO-LET 'due to relocation' sign over the door at the moment...

After today's news that 'First Quench' the parent company of Haddows/Threshers/Victoria Wine etc, have gone into admin; Victoria Wine on Moss Street is having a fire sale, as is Haddows on Maxwellton St. Neilston Road Haddows to remain in business for now...

Clicky

these places need a 50% sale just to get near supermarket prices ,this maybe why they are closing

Too true, although it's the supermarkets and their aggressive purchase policies that are driving the wee places out of business.

After today's news that 'First Quench' the parent company of Haddows/Threshers/Victoria Wine etc, have gone into admin; Victoria Wine on Moss Street is having a fire sale, as is Haddows on Maxwellton St. Neilston Road Haddows to remain in business for now...

Clicky

Aye but Haddows are giving their long serving employees early retirement....and the packages are absolute gash....I have it on good authority.

• 5 weeks later...