Paisley Pubs

Cheers, billy, saw that myself yesterday. Was wondering if it's the same people as the Glasgow one and whether they're the same people who used to run it.

Just hope they re-open the Toscanella too!

It is the same people who are opening the new restaurant .

'Tony & Giuliana Pierotti originally from Barga in the hills of Tuscany moved over to Scotland in 1962 and have been in the hospitality industry ever since. The original Piccolo Mondo was established in 1974 and was set up by Tony and Giuliana. The Piccolo Mondo won many accolades including its listing in Egon Ronay’s Lucas Guide in 1979, back to back “Casserole” commendation for excellence in 1984 & 1985 which was followed by the most prestigious title of all: in 1986 they were awarded “Best Restaurant in Britain” by Les Routiers. This was no mean feat considering more than 1600 restaurants participated from all over the UK. In 1989, Tony and Giuliana decided to sell the Piccolo Mondo and have regretted it ever since. Sometimes you do not appreciate what you have in life until you have lost them.'

I used to work there when it was The New Fergus Hotel.

Can't remember if I asked this before but did St Ettiene book the New Fergus when they played Saints in the 80's?May be an Urban Fable.

I see DantesLaings in Causeyside St is now called Milanos.

Think it's still an Italian. :rolleyes:

Can't remember if I asked this before but did St Ettiene book the New Fergus when they played Saints in the 80's?May be an Urban Fable.

I see DantesLaings in Causeyside St is now called Milanos.

Think it's still an Italian. :rolleyes:

Wasnt the St.Ettiene team that were booked in, It was some of there supporters :wink:

Think it was around 83 84 it closed it was own then by a fuy called Crawford Jolly and he was a grade A wanker

Edited by santaponsasaint

Wasnt the St.Ettiene team that were booked in, It was some of there supporters :wink:

Think it was around 83 84 it closed it was own then by a fuy called Crawford Jolly and he was a grade A wanker

So is that meant to be guy or fud? :rolleyes:

Dezarows were called up in front of the Licensing Board on Friday at 2pm and were told to have the pub emptied by 4pm and not to bother opening again. :o

You've got to love a bar that trades with the blinds permanently down and a constant supply of f*ckwits standing outside schmokin ! :unsure::lol: