Paisley Pubs

I'd always be nervous about buying a house at Castle Gait because it is still within realms of possibility that you'd have a railway re-appear at some point- indeed I think some houses might be compulsory purchased if it happened.

From memory the houses there, the bridge at Fulbar Road, a bit of Malcolms Land and a bridge over the A737 are the only serious breaks in the railway and they are determined to keep it possible for re-opening- it was noted in Scottish Transport Review stuff.

I'd always be nervous about buying a house at Castle Gait because it is still within realms of possibility that you'd have a railway re-appear at some point- indeed I think some houses might be compulsory purchased if it happened.

From memory the houses there, the bridge at Fulbar Road, a bit of Malcolms Land and a bridge over the A737 are the only serious breaks in the railway and they are determined to keep it possible for re-opening- it was noted in Scottish Transport Review stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if they attempted to re-open that line all the way through. Mr Beecham's report seriously needs turned on it's head nowadays, railway based mass transport systems are what this country is crying out for, especially across the central belt. :wink:

• 1 month later...

Did it? as the hogshead or something else?

I liked the hogshead - oh they did a great veggie tart - it was amazing!!!

Aye Missy,still called the Hogshead.

And Bluto,AFIK there was a wee problem with the licence so no grand opening tonight.

So If I am taking my wife into Paisley for a night out where would you recommend and where should we end up later. Or just end up back doon the road in Sandy's corner bar and wind up the *** fans in there. There are a few Saints fans drink in there and sometimes the humour with the **** fans is a brilliant laugh but not much cop for Mrs LW

Quite like the Kilty Kilty is it called in New Street. Remember we are from an older generation B)

Aye Missy,still called the Hogshead.And Bluto,AFIK there was a wee problem with the licence so no grand opening tonight.

mmm interesting was quite shocked when that closed as it always seemed busy enough, i shall have to pay it a visit soon :D

So If I am taking my wife into Paisley for a night out where would you recommend and where should we end up later. Or just end up back doon the road in Sandy's corner bar and wind up the *** fans in there. There are a few Saints fans drink in there and sometimes the humour with the **** fans is a brilliant laugh but not much cop for Mrs LW

Quite like the Kilty Kilty is it called in New Street. Remember we are from an older generation B)

i only go out on a saturday no after the fitba and its paddy's paddy's paddy's and noo and then a wee pint in the bull. If however i am oot with the girls its kilty's - they like to dance, i am more a pub pub kinda girl but kilty's does seem a mixed age group and a bit more lively.

The bar in the arts centre - I had never been there but was in last year and it was a mixed crowd and something different.

mmm interesting was quite shocked when that closed as it always seemed busy enough, i shall have to pay it a visit soon :D

i only go out on a saturday no after the fitba and its paddy's paddy's paddy's and noo and then a wee pint in the bull. If however i am oot with the girls its kilty's - they like to dance, i am more a pub pub kinda girl but kilty's does seem a mixed age group and a bit more lively.

The bar in the arts centre - I had never been there but was in last year and it was a mixed crowd and something different.

Thanks Miss Saint :)

• 2 months later...

The Anchor Bar has been closed for the past week with no signs of work going on in it.

Could it be Anchors away? :rolleyes:

Also Soho has temporally lost it's licence for having under agers on the premises and traces of Coke in the Lavys.

The Anchor Bar has been closed for the past week with no signs of work going on in it.

Also Soho has temporally lost it's licence for having under agers on the premises and traces of Coke in the Lavys.

Soho? Must be something that's changed its name since I last had a night out in Paisley probably...has it been so long?!!!

It would be good if there was a Pub/Club kind of place, maybe with an entrance from the Pub through to the Club, for Saints fans and it wouldn't matter if you were in your Football Tops or dressed up to the nines, you could just be yourself and mingle with fellow Saints supporters, but I guess it would never survive unfortunately. :(

Apparently they haven't paid ANY bills for about 3 months! :o