Paisley Pubs

Stopped at the lights on my way back from the docs today. Saddened to see the broken windows at the back door of carnegies. Carnegies was a cracking pub back in the day in Paisley. :(

Balderfookingdash........................

You thought the Market Bar in Dingwall was a good pub..................

Twatazoid....................

Balderfookingdash........................

You thought the Market Bar in Dingwall was a good pub..................

Twatazoid....................

Nah, The Commercial is the best pub in Dingwall. That's the one were TL tried to get into the barmaids octogenarian knickers. :P

Had many a good night in Carnegies, not too mention the bus up to Bonkers. :)

• 2 months later...

I noticed the Boozer on Causeyside Street that used to be called Kennedys is now called Kennedys again.

I think it was Reids for a while.

Although I also noticed that the lounge bit round the corner on Orchard St has also reopened.

The greek resturant at the top of st.mirren brae appears to b reopened dont know wot kind of cusine they r offering though.

:lol:

Looks a bit like that from a distance I must admit.

Reminds about one of my mates who was on holiday in some hot country. He was sitting having a meal at a town square Cafe, when he bought a watch off a local "jub-jub man".

When he got back to Paisley he noticed the hands on the watch were not moving. He opened it up to replace the battery when he found there was f**k all inside except a picture of a watch face

:lol::lol::lol:

Eh? Whit dae ya mean

Some of the shops in the town have fake 'displays' in the windows to make them look as if they are real shops, I suspect Vambo thinks that the one you mentioned is one of them - possibly of the 'imagine your restaurant here' variety.

I can't confirm either way as its been some time since I passed that way.

Some of the shops in the town have fake 'displays' in the windows to make them look as if they are real shops, I suspect Vambo thinks that the one you mentioned is one of them - possibly of the 'imagine your restaurant here' variety.

The sidlettegot caught out by the toy shop on the High Street last Xmas. She tried to boot the door in. :lol:

The new greek resturant is called anatolia i walked past today and it is defo not posters in the windows

There was a very good Greek Restaurant of the same name up the wegiescumbag west end. It did a great lunch menu. I think they fannied about with smashing plates in the evenings though. I used to have a burd that behaved like that - why anyone would pay for that level of grief is beyond me.

Exactly Eddy.

The last time I passed it it was like that.

Glad to hear it has new tenants. For a town the size of Paisley, it really is shit for eateries.

• 4 weeks later...