Paisley Pubs

joe allans, lush was up the road a bit - then became avalon then became the cell, then shut down, the shutters are all bent up i think jakies may be living there

It didn't bud. Joe Allan's was Lush.

Avalon was Halo when it first opened, reason I know is I helped open the pub and worked for Jamie who ran it. Was a great pub when first opened.

It didn't bud. Joe Allan's was Lush.

Avalon was Halo when it first opened, reason I know is I helped open the pub and worked for Jamie who ran it. Was a great pub when first opened.

Are you watching,are you watching,are you watching buddiecat!!!

I thought my memory was playing tricks on me.

Guest somner9

See the Wig and Pen dominoes team got chucked out of the league for cheating. The landlady was in the paper giving it the "Because we're a Celtic pub - we are being discriminated against" line .

I do hope the dominoes league officials move to quell this controversy and confusion, by confirming it is exactly because you are a green vermin pub you are being pro-actively discriminated againstthumbup2.gif

The old Jackpot pub in Renfrew high st re-open today, and now called the Ninthteenth which used to be its name years ago. It had been totally gutted inside so it will be nice to have a clean bar in the town for a change laugh.png Will pop down to watch the Scotland game later (if they have sky) and i hope the pub become a success welcomeani.gif

I just found out last night that the wee Dykebar Social Club closed down a few months ago.I thought it was a while since I'd had a hire from there!

Also Carlittos has changed its name to Las Ramblas.I'm sure that'll make a huge difference to it.

The old Jackpot pub in Renfrew high st re-open today, and now called the Ninthteenth which used to be its name years ago. It had been totally gutted inside so it will be nice to have a clean bar in the town for a change laugh.png Will pop down to watch the Scotland game later (if they have sky) and i hope the pub become a success welcomeani.gif

When I was a lad in the 79's I had a sister-in-law who lived in Andrew Ave. and I used the Nineteenth a lot. At that time that was a kind of unofficial name. Was it called McCallum's or such after John the owner? A decent bloke. Had many a good night in there. Must pop down for a wee look when I'm next over.

When I was a lad in the 79's I had a sister-in-law who lived in Andrew Ave. and I used the Nineteenth a lot. At that time that was a kind of unofficial name. Was it called McCallum's or such after John the owner? A decent bloke. Had many a good night in there. Must pop down for a wee look when I'm next over.

From what i have been told, the pub was known as McCallum as he was the owner but it was the Nineteenth Hole that was on the outside. Price for a pint of T was £2-60 thumbup2.gif

From what i have been told, the pub was known as McCallum as he was the owner but it was the Nineteenth Hole that was on the outside. Price for a pint of T was £2-60 thumbup2.gif

I'm sure you're right about the naming thing, Renfrew. When I was drinking there regularly in the early 70's the price of a pint was about 60p.

Beer was about 85p a pint in the late 80's most places I went too. I remember the first £2 pint causing outrage in Glesga city centre in the mid 90's. Don't think even many 'happy hours' offer a £2 pint nowadays. Beer was invented to be cheap for the masses, what the feck happened ? thumbdown.gif

Beer was about 85p a pint in the late 80's most places I went too. I remember the first £2 pint causing outrage in Glesga city centre in the mid 90's. Don't think even many 'happy hours' offer a £2 pint nowadays. Beer was invented to be cheap for the masses, what the feck happened ? thumbdown.gif

The masses became asses under the influence of alcohol.