Paisley Pubs

• 4 weeks later...
If they did that Bill Lees Crispian Crunchie would leave Brum and move back up here.

It must also have white dog shìt outside, curtains for knob wiping and someone telling the coconut dug joke on a day that ends in a Y.

The Hogshead is apparently closing tomorrow - mega reduced menu today to run down the kitchen and very empty beer fridges.

we came back form aberdeen yesterday and thought pub? aye why not cos thats aw we've done aw weekend with the exception of the fitba and sleeping! up to the hogshead we went - couldn't believe its closing!!! the hole in the wa and noo the hogshead - im not at all happy - i need bereavement counselling!!!!! last night was mental though - it got to the stage you basically just asked for 4 drinks wotever they had! gilly ended up with gin the last two rounds :lol: . the rang the bell twice and then that was it then guys started walking out with stools, people were lighting up and smoking - 2 bar staff on and a full pub - time to go - went round to the bull a guid amount of others wandered round too including a guy with two pics from the hogshead under his arms! god knows what the place ended up like!!!

the barman in the bull says that they are shutting 60 of their pubs across the uk - paisley makes more of a profit than shawlands but paisley shutting and shawlands staying open :blink:

any advance on SEVEN pubs???

last post - fair enuff

avalon - never been in it since it reopened so dont know

craig d'hu - not been in it for ages and never went in it much - wot up with it?

Avalon:

ME: "Voddie and diabetic coke please...? "

THEM: "You can only have a can, you can only stand over there, everywhere else is for diners...

ME: "But they aren't diners...

THEM: "Aye but we know them so they can sit there and drink if they want !!!"

ME: "Fuxake !!"

THEM: "That'll be £2 please..."

ME: "NAW IT WILLNAE !!!! CHEERIO !!!!" <_<

And as for Craig Dhu...

Try getting served in there when it's busy and you ain't a regular. They even say "you're next" and carry on ignoring you as the next regular comes wandering up to the bar for another pint of extra slow Guinness...

Shut the fecker doon !!! :lol:

Avalon:

THEM: "You can only have a can, you can only stand over there, everywhere else is for diners...

And as for Craig Dhu...

Try getting served in there when it's busy and you ain't a regular. They even say "you're next" and carry on ignoring you as the next regular comes wandering up to the bar for another pint of extra slow Guinness...

Mmm both sound delightful! i'll do my best hehe

Avalon:

And as for Craig Dhu...

The Craig Dhu deserves to be exterminated for knocking me and a mate back for wearing kilts and Scotland tops after we returned from the hammering in Amsterdam. Despite trying to reason with the nobends behind the bar and state our case that these were no ordinary fitba colours and were indeed the colours of our national side, we were asked to leave the premises as 'nae fitba colours of any description will be tolerated'.

Probably *** Glasgow Brits in disguise.;

The Craig Dhu deserves to be exterminated for knocking me and a mate back for wearing kilts and Scotland tops after we returned from the hammering in Amsterdam. Despite trying to reason with the nobends behind the bar and state our case that these were no ordinary fitba colours and were indeed the colours of our national side, we were asked to leave the premises as 'nae fitba colours of any description will be tolerated'.

Probably *** Glasgow Brits in disguise.;

that is just SO SO wrong!

down with the craig dhu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!