Paisley Pubs

The Greenhill Hotel, Murray St. Any Buddie remember when it closed ?

I remember the hotel in Murray Street, but I'm sure it was under a different name. Fucked if I can remember it though. North Hotel, possibly? When I was of legal drinking age it was still open (1974).

post-2536-1232409760_thumb.png

I think it was on the site where the right-most of the two buildings is in the top centre of the picture.

I can remember it being called the Churchill Hotel, But cant remember when it shut down. Early 80s possibly

You could be right. I had a swally in that establishment following the St Etienne UEFA cup match at our former stadium...

but no as big a swally as when we went to the second leg on the Knox Street bus. drinks.gif

I remember the hotel in Murray Street, but I'm sure it was under a different name. Fucked if I can remember it though. North Hotel, possibly? When I was of legal drinking age it was still open (1974).

post-2536-1232409760_thumb.png

I think it was on the site where the right-most of the two buildings is in the top centre of the picture.

Was it The New Fergus? I played pool in there a few times? :)

You could be right. I had a swally in that establishment following the St Etienne UEFA cup match at our former stadium...
Was it The New Fergus? I played pool in there a few times? :)
That's the name. Thanks. fs.

Rumour had it that St Etienne booked in there for the 1st leg but left as soon as they saw it. :lol:

Rumour had it that St Etienne booked in there for the 1st leg but left as soon as they saw it. :lol:

I worked in the New Fergus Hotel till the day it closed, Rumour is right John, St.Etienne were never booked in there, some of there fans were and had a brill time, Only thing that went wrong was the result they lost to bayern munich

I worked in the New Fergus Hotel till the day it closed, Rumour is right John, St.Etienne were never booked in there, some of there fans were and had a brill time, Only thing that went wrong was the result they lost to bayern munich

I'm talking about when they played us Gary.Are you talking about the European Cup Final?I know you are a fair bit older than me but surely you weren't working in a pub in 1976. :blink:

I'm talking about when they played us Gary.Are you talking about the European Cup Final?I know you are a fair bit older than me but surely you weren't working in a pub in 1976. :blink:

I did work in the pub after school, working in the cellar of the pub wae auld tam wilson, my dad used to do cabarets there so they gave me a wee after school job for extra pocket money, when we played st,etinne the hotel wasnt a hotel it was just a bar disco, the house part was closed to the public

I did work in the pub after school, working in the cellar of the pub wae auld tam wilson, my dad used to do cabarets there so they gave me a wee after school job for extra pocket money, when we played st,etinne the hotel wasnt a hotel it was just a bar disco, the house part was closed to the public

So what has that to do with Bayern Munich? :blink: