Paisley Pubs

Does anyone remember The Eagle Taverns?

I live directly across from its old entrance, and had never heard of it before moving here.

A splinter group formed by ex Reo Stakis managment, they had quite a few pubs and hotels for a while. The Cellar Bar and Abbey Hotel in Paisley being two of 'em. Went bust years ago...

Those photos a few pages ago of old and new Paisley certainly are depressing.

HOW could ANYONE think that demolishing a historic building and putting up the f**king piazza could be a good idea? And that water tower can get to f**k too. Anyone know the individuals responsible for the decision to demolish? They should be tarred and feathered and.....naw actually, they should just be forced to spend some time in the shithole that is Paisley town centre.

A splinter group formed by ex Reo Stakis managment, they had quite a few pubs and hotels for a while. The Cellar Bar and Abbey Hotel in Paisley being two of 'em. Went bust years ago...

I take it, that this was where their offices once stood then (behind Kwi Fit), before being demolished then, and not an actual pub.

I take it, that this was where their offices once stood then (behind Kwi Fit), before being demolished then, and not an actual pub.

Yip that was their HQ, the old (insert name of) trade union offices.

the guy who runs it used to run the copper coin years ago,he had to give that up for being caught behind the bar steaming drunk serving customers :lol:its a wonder the guy got to run a pub again!

The Guy who owns it, Had the Tile Bar,He sold that and bought Websters and the Copper Coin with the proceedes.

He ( Mr Corrola) Then sold the copper coin for absoulutelly silly money shortly after a serious assault in the pub, that ended up with him being charged with selling alcohol whilst under the influence of alcohol. ( A classic K Division excuse for pub landlords who do not grass ) He will just change the licence holder of Websters now that he has been deemed unfit to hold a license.

It is a good thread and I've deleted 20 odd posts to get it back on topic.

Keep it on topic as it is a good thread. :)

What's that post got to do with pubs?? Get a fukn grip David. :rolleyes:

I was in Gabriels, Langs, Abbey Hotel, Harvies & The Burgh last week, so they are all still open. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...