Paisley Pubs

Ah, but we ex-fee paying boys drank in the lounger bar, don't ya Know!

That's where Mr.Muir the Physics teacher used to go at lunchtime for a few bevvies.

Used to come back half cut and regularly popped into the room between classes for a not so fly cigarette.laugh.png

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 6:23 AM, FS said:

Paddy Malarkeys 2... Shut again !

I know someone who attempted to secure the lease on it yesterday. He was told an agreement is already in place, and it'll be opening again soon !

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 5:23 PM, rabuddies said:
On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 4:35 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The Copper Coin was previously,I think, The Western Bar although I'm not 100%

It was indeed. Had my first pint in there one lunchtime (Tennants Light 1/10d, as I had double physics straight after lunch). Thereafter, lunchtime pints were in the Park Bar where a maroon blazer under a duffle coat was a common sight.

If you remember Tennants Light at 1/10d, you must be about the same vintage as me. My first regular pub was The Mayfair and I can remember light at 1/9d, heavy at 1/10d but Tennants lager was a staggering 2/3d. The old regulars (ie the over 21's) used to tell us they'd give up drink rather than pay over two bob for a pint. But they didn't.

1 minute ago, RickMcD said:

If you remember Tennants Light at 1/10d, you must be about the same vintage as me. My first regular pub was The Mayfair and I can remember light at 1/9d, heavy at 1/10d but Tennants lager was a staggering 2/3d. The old regulars (ie the over 21's) used to tell us they'd give up drink rather than pay over two bob for a pint. But they didn't.

I did.

2 hours ago, shull said:

I did.

A nasty rumour was once put about saying that bearing in mind the calibre of your posting, what would it be like if you were drunk? Of course we all recognise it was just scuttlebutt. Mind you, some of us occasionally have an excuse.

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:29 PM, HSS said:

And also.......one of the Sapparito boys is trying for a licence for the old Fiesta. (Gilmours for our younger readers)Hoping to turn it into a Burger Bar/Pub.

Posters up in the window saying Burger & Keg, Paisley opening Summer '16. Work appears to be ongoing inside and there's talk of live music tae.

Was at the opening night for Saporito High St on Thursday, tried out the restaurant upstairs on Friday and was in on Saturday night as well.

Prefer it to the Wine Bar, lots more room and good if there's a crowd of you in. Live music was good as well.