Top 5 Frank Zappa

1. Sheik Yerbouti - funny as f*ck, includes I Have been in You, Broken Hearts are for Assholes (including the line "You sniffed the reeking buns of angels and acted like it was cocaine").

2. Shut Up & Play Yer Guitar - three disc set of nothing but guitar solos proving what a superb guitarist he was. Right in the front line of the six-string army.

3. Broadway the Hardway - recorded in 1988 but still relevant today. "George Bush, you're still a wimp. I'm sorry. You're history, buddy, you're gone".

4. The Yellow Shark - the man himself always saw himself as a composer (but with a good line in dick jokes) and this is the evidence. Classical music in a very modern vein. Weird but brilliant. Just like Frank.

5. Freak Out - THESE MOTHERS IS CRAZY! Music's first ever double album, fact fans. And they don't get much more mental.

Ah, frank. What a man! :notworthy

What an @rsehole. :rolleyes:

Ah, you'll be referring to Broken Hearts Are For Assholes and the line "don't fool yourself girl, it's going right up your poop chute".

I'm sure you've used that as a chat up line once or twice being the dodgy geezer wot you are. :P

1. Sheik Yerbouti - funny as f*ck, includes I Have been in You, Broken Hearts are for Assholes (including the line "You sniffed the reeking buns of angels and acted like it was cocaine").

Not to mention the magnificent outro of:

That's why I say,

I'm gonna ram it,ram it,ram it,ram it up yer poop chute,

Corn hole,

Ram it,ram it,ram it,ram it up yer poop chute,

Fist f*ck,

Ram it,ram it,ram it,ram it up yer poop chute,

Don't fool yourself girl,it's going right up yer poop chute,

Don't fool yourself girl,it's going right up yer poop chute,

Repeat to fade :huh:

As a persistent gay basher,he also provided us with the immortal Joe's Garage line of:

'His evening's not complete without some meat in the seat'

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

As a persistent gay basher

Zappa was accused of being anti-semitic when he did the track Jewish Princess. After this criticism he did the equally offensive Catholic Girls. He wasn't per se a "persistent gay basher". He just poked fun at everyone and everything.

He was a very intellectual, extremely talented, superbly witty, uniqique individual. Hence the reason St. Sid and Bongo can't contribute meaningfully to this thread. :lol:

He was a very intellectual, extremely talented, superbly witty, uniqique individual. Hence the reason St. Sid and Bongo can't contribute meaningfully to this thread.  :lol:

I heard, however, that his fans were not intellectual and unique ................

That had nothing to do with you, Ching, just HHIBSS being a nob, as usual................

Edited by BongoVonBudvar

Zappa was accused of being anti-semitic when he did the track Jewish Princess. After this criticism he did the equally offensive Catholic Girls. He wasn't per se a "persistent gay basher". He just poked fun at everyone and everything.

Yes,that would be fair.

The Does Humor Belong in Music tour was contemporary with Culture Club making their breakthrough in the States,so that live album has got a couple of good references to Boy George on it.

e.g.

Mid-song,the band burst into a line of, 'Do you really want to hurt me?'

*brief pause*

The whole band then warbles in falsetto, 'Ooooh,we sure do!' :D

Ronald Reagan getting the electric chair in the 'You Are What You Is' video was another good 'get it up ye' moment from him,though he'd cross the street to avoid Democrats too.

He was a very intellectual, extremely talented, superbly witty, uniqique individual. Hence the reason St. Sid and Bongo can't contribute meaningfully to this thread. :lol:

prissy :)

Yes indeed, Sanchez, and Broadway the Hardway gives them a bit of an earful too (whilst criticising Jesse Jackson). Dickie's Such an Asshole, referring to Richard Nixon, has the stanza, "There's just one thing I wanna know, how'd that asshole ever get in?". Did you know that he intended running for president? He was in the throes of starting his campaign when he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Billy Connolly said that he was passing Zappa's house and spoke to Mrs. Zappa. She said that Frank was a big fan of the Big Yin. To which Connolly cried "AH F*CK IT! AH coulda been the Vice-President!". And how funny would that have been? :lol:

Sid, that's the spirit.

Bongo; tut tut tut. You really disappoint me. Still, nice to know SOMEone will bite. :cheers