Top Five Memories Of Renfrewshire Derbies

bigbuddie346

1 Paul Archdeacon booting the ball off the boy Blaikies face and breaking his jaw at Crappielow.

2 Yardleys wonder goal at Crappielow

3 Scott Walker sprinting the full length of the park to score in the title winning season at Crappielow.

4 Norrie McWhirter equalising with a freekick in the last minute at Love St the season that they built the stand at the Gr**nock Road end.

5 Getting the jail for fighting with the manky mob at Gilmour Street (not a pleasant experience but singing Saints songs in the cells was fun)

1. Yards' goal at Cappielow

2. Walker's goal at Cappielow

3. Basher's goal at Cappielow after his drugs problem

4. Saints 5-1 Morton at Love Street in the early 1990s

5. Saints 4-1 Morton at Cappielow in the title season

Being down at Crappielow in the late 80's (a premier league game, no less) and Saints scored to go 1 up. The b*****d polis then waded inand started huckling folk and throwing them out.

Saints scored a second and they waded in again. Why is this a good memory? Well because they tried to nick my mate Stevie Kerr. They said he'd ran up to the fence and was dancing about in front of them inciting themm to violence. Stevie then hobbled over to the daft cnut; "that would have been a good trick considering this" he said rapping his knuckles on the stookie on his right leg. :lol:

Ooooh, you REALLY didn't want to mention the word FIVE here :lol: But seeing as Bill has already mentioned it, I'll just mention it in passing. ;)

1. St Mirren 2-Morton 3, early nineties, fantastic game, Saints scored a peach by the way, Rowan Alexander was god, you even let Ian McDonald score, and then David Wylie made a double save from that total cock Chic Charnley in the closing minutes. Superb!

2. Got hit by a PIE in the same game in the Northbank, the atmosphere was bonkers that day. Also got chased all over Paisley by your muppets...ha ha! I could run fast then. Got hemmed in by the police and dogs at Gilmour Street for yonks though... :angry:

3. St Mirren 1 Morton 5, going on 7 or 8, with 10 men. Magnificent, really.

4. Morton 3 St Mirren 0, mid nineties. Peter Duffield debut, two goals one an incredible overhead kick - think it was the first time we had beat you at Cappielow in an age! :)

5. St Mirren 1 Morton 4 - the day your bawsack stewards didn't open enough gates for the away end, and our massive support were locked out for yonks,. Fortunately I was there early, though many missed we'd already put two past you in the opening minutes! Warren Hawke and Derek Lilley ripped youse a new one that day, if I remember correctly.

See you tomorrow!

1. St Mirren 2-Morton 3, early nineties, fantastic game, Saints scored a peach by the way, Rowan Alexander was god, you even let Ian McDonald score, and then David Wylie made a double save from that total cock Chic Charnley in the closing minutes. Superb!

The M*rt*n team had a night out in Cafe Borgia after that game. :(

Let's just say it didn't last long :rolleyes:

2. Got hit by a PIE in the same game in the Northbank, the atmosphere was bonkers that day. Also got chased all over Paisley by your muppets...ha ha! I could run fast then. Got hemmed in by the police and dogs at Gilmour Street for yonks though... :angry:

Probably me in my youth Ithink that was the game I ended up in the slammer :(