Top 5 Albums Your Currently Listening To

Liverpool Bud

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ach, it fluctuates. Haven't listened to The Lamb... for a wee while, but dug out some PG solo stuff (first album and most recent Up) and the guy, to my mind, is a bloody genius.

The Lamb... is a definite fave but there's many that I like and it comes and goes. Mind you, that's mibbe put me in the mood for a wee listen when I get home.

Ah, yes, home. Much as I'm not too enamoured about working in a boozer when I'm an undoubted feckin' genius in many walks, I do enjoy the night stroll home along Main Road Elderslie. About twenty minutes from Linwood Road to the Thorn and no one about at 2 in the morning except the wee foxes. And on such a clear night as this it'll be a nice, brisk stroll. Then tomorrow, as I have a day off, I think a wee trek up the Braes while you lot are all stuck in front of your PCs is in order.

Aye, yeez dunno whit yer missin'. Gerrit roon yeez! :double

Wow. Some surprising, original listening there Who'sYir.

Thats the kinda stuff I normally post unless Im at the noise up :unsure: More of an easy listening kinda guy.... Apart from the Killers everything else is acoustic stuff...

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

Getting rave reviews... Thinking about purchasing it today :unsure:

Keane, in my own, honest, humble opinion, are a bunch of feckin' bedwetters. Radiohead you have a lot to answer for.

Big Star, I have to admit, I've heard a lot about (and there's a feature on them in the current issue of Uncut) but can anyone actually give me pointers as to what they're like? I'm told they're a big influence on Teenage Fanclub. What does one recommend for the first time buyer?

By the way, Tom, if you haven't got Up by PG then I suggest you invest tout-de-suit. It's not exactly commercial but it's one of his best. It's a real grower. Mind you it took him bloody long enough; there's a track that features Nustrat Fatih Ali Khan and he went tits up five years before the album saw the light of day.

The Long Walk Home, the soundtrack for The Rabbit Proof Fence, is excellent as well. Some really, really stirring music and you can imagine certain things in the film happening just cos the music dictates your thought process so. I assume you are aware of the film and it's plot.

Anyway. On the kitchen table the noo are:-

1. Can't Buy a Thrill - Steely Dan

2. Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness - Smashing Pumpkins

3. Lifes Rich Pageant - REM

4. Melody AM - Royksopp

5. Asylum Years - Tom Waits

6. Rings Around the World - Super Furry Animals.

Aye, okay, it's six, so fúckin' sue me.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Guest Expecting Rain

You can definitely hear Big Star are a big influence on Teenage Fanclub, just as you can hear The Beatles and Byrds were a big influence on Big Star i.e plenty of harmonies and chiming guitars.

I've only got the first 2 albums on a 2 for one type effort, i believe that their third album is a bit more "difficult" only heard the one track off that "Kangaroo" which sounds pretty good to me.

1st album - #1Record is a bit softer more acoustic efforts.

2nd album - Radio City is more electric.

Big Star, I have to admit, I've heard a lot about (and there's a feature on them in the current issue of Uncut) but can anyone actually give me pointers as to what they're like? I'm told they're a big influence on Teenage Fanclub. What does one recommend for the first time buyer?

Big Star - brilliant stuff ! I haven't listened to them for a while now - thanks for reminding me HHiBSS. I'll be looking out Radio City tonight. :thumbs2

Keane, in my own, honest, humble opinion, are a bunch of feckin' bedwetters. Radiohead you have a lot to answer for

They deservedly won the Greatest Album at the Brits and were over shadowed by the over rated Frans Ferdinand.....

P.S.- Radiohead and Keane .... Sound feck aw like one another in anyway shape or form...Lyrics or Acoustics :blink:

Expecting Rain,

That's the reason I bought the album on the strength of Oxegen and what a pleasure it is to hear. The album has a country rock , folk feel to it . Don't let that put you off as lot's of good music comes from this area. Eagles , Neil young to name but a few. The album is fill of great song's.

I won't be in Paisley till next week or I will be at the Clyde game. So If you would like me to burn you a copy so you can have a listem no problem just PM me.