• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaiser Chiefs......Road To Employment

The Cribs....The New Felbs

Maximo Park......A Certain Trigger

Garbage...... Bleed Like Me

A......Teen Dance

Seen the Cribs in the future tent at T In The Park and they were shit hot for such a young band so I got tickets for the up-coming NME gig in Glasgow with the Kaiser's and Maximo. Well if your going to see a band live it's nice to know their album. Also got tickets for Garbage in Glasgow. I have A's last album which was played none stop on the radio in LA. A Brittish band that never get a chance here in the UK.

Saw the Cribs last March when they (and Hard Fi) supported Kaiser Chiefs at Barrowlands. A great line up I'm sure you'll agree.

Very good live band, very charismatic too, like a chat with the audience - singer is very camp indeed and sounds ridiculous when he speaks, you'll like him.

A's last album was great, and actually got a lot of airplay?

Saw the Cribs last March when they (and Hard Fi) supported Kaiser Chiefs at Barrowlands. A great line up I'm sure you'll agree.

Very good live band, very charismatic too, like a chat with the audience - singer is very camp indeed and sounds ridiculous when he speaks, you'll like him.

:)

A's last album was great, and actually got a lot of airplay?

First time I heard them on the radio I thought Jeez Oh have the Police got back together ? However A do have their own sound. Your right they are good.

The keyoboard player in question was once accosted on his doorstep in the Isle of Man by a Saints supporting Burntisland councillor (who'd had a few, right enough) and was told, "Rick Wakeman? Ah'm your biggest fan!". :lol:

Top 5 the noo are:-

1. Blinking Lights & Other Revelations - Eels - album of the feckin' century so far. Magic album!

2. Black Cherry - Goldfrapp - new one out very soon.

3. Decade - Neil Young - the man's a GENIUS, I tell you, a GENIUS!!!

4. I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning - Bright Eyes - no' bad.

5. Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables - Dead Kennedys - nice easy listening.

I'd love to know whether anybody, having read any of the numerous posts on this thread, has said to themselves, for example, "Hmmm, Willie Mason eh ? Must rush straight out and get that one ...".

184761[/snapback]

Not me....

Although I have wondered about the sound of some of the bands who I haven't heard and have tried to download something so as to have a better idea. I haven't been tempted to go out and buy anything as of yet.

I'd love to know whether anybody, having read any of the numerous posts on this thread, has said to themselves, for example, "Hmmm, Willie Mason eh ? Must rush straight out and get that one ...".

184761[/snapback]

On a couple of occassions it has made me go and buy an album I was considering. Top five...

1. Weezer - Maladroit

2. Mike Mills presents...

3. Yo la Tengo - Prisoners of Love

4. Placebo - Black market music

5. Astrid - Play Dead

1. A Quiet Normal Life – Warren Zevon

2. Floored Genius – Julian Cope

3. Superwolf – Matt Sweeney/Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy

4. Trilogy – ELP

5. Black Cherry – Goldfrapp

Oh, and Blinking Lights by the Eels as well, have I mentioned that recently?

In no particular order:

Funeral - The Arcade Fire

Thunder, Lightning, Strike - The Go! Team

The War On Errorism - NoFX

Agaetis Byrjun - Sigur Ros

We Have Sound - Tom Vek

Can't believe I'm posting this, how bored am I?? :blink:

I got that just last week. It's feckin' magic!

185468[/snapback]

Too right it is bud! Reckon I'm gonna ask for "staralfur" to be played at my funeral :unsure:

Wish I understood a few of the lyrics mind you - or even just a song title! :lol:

Depeche Mode - Violator

Echo and the Bunnymen - Ocean Rain

Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak

Conflict - The Ungovernable Force

Coldplay - X and Y ( used to hate Coldplay and still think Chris Martin is a bunnet, but this album is magnificent.) :huh:

1: Mott the Hoople, Mott.....

2: Green Day, American Idiot.....

3: Big Audio Dynamite, Live Paradiso Bootleg (This is set up so that when you search for details on the web, it claims it´s an actual bootleg, nice touch, Jonesy)..........

4:Ramones, 1st Album.......

5:The Killers..............

Edited by BongoVonBudvar