Top 5 Albums Your Currently Listening To

Liverpool Bud

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats all well and good but Green Day ARE the american version of Busted!

210478[/snapback]

If that was the case I certainly would not like them, never mind worship them. Having seen Greenday live many times, have all their albums I think I could quite honestly say that any comparison to Busted is an insult. Firstly, they are not a boy band, secondly they play good music and thirdly they have fans who appreciate good punk music.

Oh and where do you think Busted'll be in 10 years?

If that was the case I certainly would not like them, never mind worship them. Having seen Greenday live many times, have all their albums I think I could quite honestly say that any comparison to Busted is an insult.  Firstly, they are not a boy band, secondly they play good music and thirdly they have fans who appreciate good punk music.

Oh and where do you think Busted'll be in 10 years?

211102[/snapback]

Well said hollz, Green day a superior band to anything thats out there at mo, for 10years they have consistantly made brilliant albums and superb live, to lump beside busted or any of tha other shite is a joke, and kemp you do not have a clue what your talking about, busted lasted 10minutes, green day will last another 10 years :P:P

green day aren't really punk tho, are they??

sex pistols, black flag, stiff little fingers - they are punk.

green day are a more cheesy, watered down version who recently have tried to become all political because its fashionable.

i do concede however, despite not liking any of their stuff, that they are very good showmen and a a very good live act.

but i just cant stand that type of music

green day aren't really punk tho, are they??

sex pistols, black flag, stiff little fingers - they are punk.

green day are a more cheesy, watered down version who recently have tried to become all political because its fashionable.

i do concede however, despite not liking any of their stuff, that they are very good showmen and a a very good live act.

but i just cant stand that type of music

211294[/snapback]

not heard much of green day in the past 10 years i take it :blink: listen to the back catologue, listen to dookie and insominac then tell me that :unsure:

post-1917-1132537576_thumb.jpgpost-1917-1132537590.gif

Edited by santaponsasaint

post-1917-1132538093_thumb.jpg

i've listened to loads of green day. they are not my cup of tea.

everything from the whining vocals to the crap clothes. they also paved the way for utter dross such as blink 182 and sum 41, god i hated those two bands

211298[/snapback]

cant blame green day for what came after them, thats like blaming bowie for duran duran, green day are just great rocking punk band and copy no f**ker, remember imitation is a form of flatterypost-1917-1132537871.gif

Edited by santaponsasaint

cant blame green day for what came after them, thats like blaming bowie for duran duran, green day are just great rocking punk band and copy no f**ker, remember imitation is a form of flatterypost-1917-1132537871.gif

211299[/snapback]

would agree that i cant blame them for what came after, but we'll have to agree to disagree about green day being a 'great rocking punk band'.

a must own cd at the moment is ian brown's greatest hits.

also keep a look out for a band called 'little man tate'. i reckon they will be pretty big

would agree that i cant blame them for what came after, but we'll have to agree to disagree about green day being a 'great rocking punk band'.

a must own cd at the moment is ian brown's greatest hits.

also keep a look out for a band called 'little man tate'. i reckon they will be pretty big

211300[/snapback]

heard them my daughter likes them shes 18 that says it all :(

haha, in similar vein, everyone i see wearing green day hoodies are about 15 - that says it all :P

211302[/snapback]

no what it says that anybody from 15 to what i am 43 like green day, and even older bongo von budvar is a big green day fan so that shoots your arguement out the water, as green day say, have the time of your life :wink::wink:

Deeply and intensely sorry for having a mind of my own and trying to find other types of music other than what’s readily available on day time radio that doesn’t make you think as well as listening to songs you can whistle to at work.

I realise that in liking really obscure artists such as:-

“Hours…†– David Bowie

Remixes 81 – 04 – Depeche Mode

Everybody Knows This is Nowhere – Neil Young

Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness – The Smashing Pumpkins

203887[/snapback]

Trick of the Tail - Genesis

Amadeus - Original Soundtrack

Countdown to Ecstacy - Steely Dan

166603[/snapback]

Power, Corruption and Lies - New Order

Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters

Eye to the Telescope - KT Tunstall

News of the World - Queen

167340[/snapback]

Paranoid - Black Sabbath

Master of Reality - Black Sabbath

Vol. 4 - Black Sabbath

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Diary of a Madman - Ozzy Ozbourne

168438[/snapback]

The White Album - The Beatles (if I could find the damn thing.)

169775[/snapback]

High - The Blue Nile

Archive 1968-75 - Genesis

Devils & Dust - Springsteen

A Saucerful of Secrets - The Pink Floyd

173044[/snapback]

or

Parade – Prince

Supernature – Goldfrapp

There Is Nothing Left To Lose – Foo Fighters

207473[/snapback]

and others doesn't make me look as if I know what I'm talking about but actually makes me look tone deaf and unable to tell a decent musical artist from a manufactured boy/girl/boy-girl band.

I am most generous in my apologies to all and hope never to offend with my blatant lack of musical knowledge, rendering me with the obvious label of being "a numpty". :rolleyes:

So at the moment I’m listening to:-

I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning – Bright Eyes

The Graffiti Artist - Kid Loco

Odyssey No. 5 – Powderfinger

Bocanada – Gustavo Cerati

Seed to Sun – Boom Bip.

There. And you can’t say you haven’t heard of any of them, now, can you? B)

And as for the wummin, Bush...?

I've been amazed at the groundswell of liking of her new double-album  (bikrist!),  on this thread, too.  Songs about washing machines are pretty cutting edge and relevant.  Just not to me, I'm happily afraid.

210807[/snapback]

Ching, I wouldn’t really say that someone who took 12 years to release an album would consider themselves to be “cutting edgeâ€. Kate Bush has always just gone ahead and done what she wanted, hence the eccentric nature of some of her music. And, of course, being eccentric has as many admirers as detractors. Such is the way of human nature; we all enjoy different things, but variety is the spice of life, no?

However, with the song Mrs. Bartolozzi it’s more than a woman in the house singing about the washing machine. The lyrics contain images of her husband’s clothes and how domesticated life is and enjoying the mundane, then towards the end you realise that, although it’s unspoken, her husband is gone and not coming back (for whatever reason; perhaps he couldn't stand the mundane, perhaps he's dead) and washing his clothes is the only thing she has left of him.

Deep, emotional, human feelings may at times be uncomfortable to deal with but so many times in art they make the best, most enjoyable entertainment.

Green Day refused to let the BBC film them at T In The Park and show brief highlights of their show on a late night compilation package of the fetival because they were about to release their own live DVD!!

Punk as fcuk!!!! :rolleyes:

Green Day are MTV friendly, radio friendly, Kerrang friendly, NME friendly, commercial, huge selling, massive earning POP! Nothing more, nothing less.