Top 5 Albums Your Currently Listening To

Liverpool Bud

Aladdin Sane: The Spiders from Mars

Pin Ups: The Spiders from Mars

Viva Hate: Morrissey

You Gotta Get Out Of It: The Ruts

Transformer: Mick Ronson/Herbie Flowers/David Bowie/Lou Reed

232789[/snapback]

This Mick Ronson fixation is really rather unhealthy, Bongo. Try listening to some mid-70s Dylan. :lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not aware of any recorded work.....................

233119[/snapback]

What did you think Bob went into returement for a number of years? There's Desire, Blood on the Tracks, Street Legal and Live at Budokan. They're all mid-70's Dylan works. :rolleyes:

What did you think Bob went into returement for a number of years? There's Desire, Blood on the Tracks, Street Legal and Live at Budokan. They're all mid-70's Dylan works. :rolleyes:

233392[/snapback]

The Budokan wan is mibbe the only LP that I regularly stick on in the wee sma' hoors and listen tae, through the headphones - so that I don't annoy The Boss up in her Pit.

Unfortunately, I often I end up crooning along with Zimmerman... and then get interrupted by a hoof thumping the floor above... :angry:

The Smiths - Meat Is Murder

The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Coldcut - Sound Mirrors

Arthur Russell - The World of Arthur Russell

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever You Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Quite surprised I like the Monkeys one, it's good!

The Smiths - Meat Is Murder

Coldcut - Sound Mirrors

Arthur Russell - The World of Arthur Russell

Quite surprised I like the Monkeys one, it's good!

234878[/snapback]

That is a piece of work, that album. Superb. Adore is very different but I like that one a hell of a lot as well.

Ching, I like the Budokan album but I’ve read features on Dylan in the music press that have slated it. I think there’s some really good reworks of some songs. And Dylan always likes to throw people off the scent. Are you a big Dylan fan, perchance?

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Ching, I like the Budokan album but I’ve read features on Dylan in the music press that have slated it. I think there’s some really good reworks of some songs. And Dylan always likes to throw people off the scent. Are you a big Dylan fan, perchance?

234974[/snapback]

Aye - good call, HH - I was initially irritated by the reworkings but they grew on me. I like his songs a lot. His recent book - Chronicles volume One - was much more interesting than I ever dreamt it could be, too.

ps f**k features in the Music Press - go with your ears and the moment you're in... :)

So my top five Dylan at the moment would be:-

Blood on the Tracks

Highway 61 Revisited

Desire

Street Legal

Blonde on Blonde

Then there’s the “Albert Hall†gig and Live at the Budokan. And The Freewheelin’. And Bringing it All Back Home. And the first album. Which makes another five. Oh, and did I mention Subterranean Homesick Blues? :blink::rolleyes:

PROBABLY. :(

In one of the many, endless, incessant, repetitive, tedious threads that you have initiated down the decades to tell us all about your musical tastes... :P

235264[/snapback]

Well, you're free to butt in at any time and let us know what your thoughts are. :lol:

234878[/snapback]

Agree with HHiBSS on the Melon Collie album. Takes a bit of listening to as it is pretty different from the first 2 albums, but grows on you. Not a patch on Siamese Dream though. :)

Also bought the Arctic Monkeys today, more on recommendation than anything else. It is absolutely tremendous. Instantly likeable.

Anyway, 5 discs in the car today are:

1. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever You Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

2. Smashing Pumpkins - Gish

3. Cocteau Twins - Stars and Topsoil

4. Dead Kennedys - Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death

(Pulled this one out of the collection after Howard mentioning Nazi Punks in another thread. :P )

5. Richard Ashcroft - Keys to the World

:D