Top 5 Albums Your Currently Listening To

Liverpool Bud

Beautiful Freak - Eels

Electro-Shock Blues - Eels

Daisies of the Galaxy - Eels

Blinking Lights & Other Revelations - Eels

Live at Town Hall With Strings - Eels

Hey Mickey, did I tell you I'm going to see the Eels? :D

Wish i was goin dude you obv got ma message..was listening to elec shock and souljacker the other night first time in a while... forgot how good they were... enjoy the gig hope to make it next time ..seen them twice and they were brill..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful Freak - Eels

Electro-Shock Blues - Eels

Daisies of the Galaxy - Eels

Blinking Lights & Other Revelations - Eels

Live at Town Hall With Strings - Eels

Hey Mickey, did I tell you I'm going to see the Eels? :D

EELS EELS EELS EELS EELS

I saw them on Monday in London - and they were brilliant as usual.

My Eels album of the moment is the recent Useless Trinkets compliation

I haven't read this thread in ages, I am now away to listen to some eels, crowded house and depeche mode. :)

Although I do think Ultra is pish. :huh:

:o:zipit How in the name of heroin anyone can EVER claim any album that has Home, The Love Thieves or It's No Good on it - let alone ALL THREE IN THE FIRST FOUR TRACKS - as "pish" is beyond me. :blink:

Edited to add: Eels were magic, by ri way.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

:o:zipit How in the name of heroin anyone can EVER claim any album that has Home, The Love Thieves or It's No Good on it - let alone ALL THREE IN THE FIRST FOUR TRACKS - as "pish" is beyond me. :blink:

Edited to add: Eels were magic, by ri way.

Have you found the Beastie Boys/Rush thing yet.....................?

Was i speakin to you in Paddys Greig...was a bit pished :rolleyes:

You wuz gettin' heavy wid da man love in Paddy's, my old school chum. You also pledged to give me a thousand quid if Saints got to the Cup semi-final on account of us being pish on Saturday. :D

• 2 weeks later...

1 Elbow The Seldom Seen Kid - absolute classic

2 Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! - Up to his usual standard and this time he's rockin' in a stream of consciousness stylee

3 The Gutter Twins Saturnalia Dark, brooding and excellent stuff from Mark Lanegan and Greg Dulli (Afghan Whigs)

4 The Black Keys Attack And Release - The Black Stripes come into their own

5 Neon Neon Stainless Style - a collaboration from the great Gruff Rhys of Super Furry Animals and Boom Bip (me neither). A disappointment. I can't get into electro pop much

Boom Bip (me neither).

Got a Boom Bip album by the name of Seed to Sun. Basically got it for the first track Roads Must Roll. It was used on a Lloyds TSB ad a few years back with black horses galloping down the street. Was in the Record Factory once and it was getting played. Liked it so I asked Ginger Graham former Cafe B DJ what it was and he told me. Cannae really say what the rest of the album is like cos that's the only track I listen to.

Fot more info check here:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boom_Bip

Gruff Rhys' album Candylion is good, though.

Got a Boom Bip album by the name of Seed to Sun. Basically got it for the first track Roads Must Roll. It was used on a Lloyds TSB ad a few years back with black horses galloping down the street. Was in the Record Factory once and it was getting played. Liked it so I asked Ginger Graham former Cafe B DJ what it was and he told me. Cannae really say what the rest of the album is like cos that's the only track I listen to.

Fot more info check here:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boom_Bip

The rest of the album is OK, it's a wee bit wishy washy. Far better is the Boards of Canada remix of Last Walk Around Mirror Lake from the album, which is lovely as most of their stuff.

My current top 5:

5. Sun Ra - Space Is The Place

4. Tom Waits - Mule Variations

3. Neil Young - Harvest Moon

2. Funkadelic - America Eats Its Young

1. Hercules and Love Affair - Hercules and Love Affair