Top 5 Albums Your Currently Listening To

Liverpool Bud

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I mean, some good selections there. Flick of the Switch is one that's not often mentioned and contains a real favourite in Nervous Shakedown. If You Want Blood is arguably the best live album ever made. It's there alongside Strangers in the Night by UFO and, of course, Exit...Stage Left.

Picked up a copy of Odyssey No. 1 by Powderfinger & Watching Angels Mend by Alex Lloyd a few years back. Alex Lloyd gets a bit of criticism but I think he's pretty good. Powderfinger are feckin' excellent, though, but ye cannae beat the Oils.

Incidentally, I have a cousin in NSW and he let me hear a CD collection of the Triple J Musical Challenge. It had Tina Arena doing Cheap Wine and it was feckin' excellent! Paul Kelly did a magic version of Little Red Corvette. Killing Heidi were on it but, to be honest, I'm not too impressed with them. The burd that's their singer's awright though.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Picked up a copy of Odyssey No. 1 by Powderfinger & Watching Angels Mend by Alex Lloyd a few years back. Alex Lloyd gets a bit of criticism but I think he's pretty good. Powderfinger are feckin' excellent, though, but ye cannae beat the Oils.

Incidentally, I have a cousin in NSW and he let me hear a CD collection of the Triple J Musical Challenge. It had Tina Arena doing Cheap Wine and it was feckin' excellent! Paul Kelly did a magic version of Little Red Corvette. Killing Heidi were on it but, to be honest, I'm not too impressed with them. The burd that's their singer's awright though.

I've got the Alex Lloyd album you mention - it's pretty good. There's tons of Aussie artists I really like. A guy called Pete Murray is really good if you like the Alex Lloyd album. The more obvious ones like Cold Chisel, AC/DC and Inxs...but there's a lot more great Aussie sounds 'beneath the surface' of those more well known ones. Martha's Vineyard, James Reyne, Grinspoon, Southern Sons, Goanna, Vika & Linda Bull, Screaming Jets, Renee Geyer....there's a new rock band that are pretty good called 'Airbourne', although they sound so much like Rose Tattoo that I swear it's impossible to tell them apart. B)

New Powderfinger album 'Dream Days at the Hotel Existence' is fkn brilliant - and check out lead singer Bernard Fannings solo album Tea and Sympathy, well worth a listen!

New Powderfinger album 'Dream Days at the Hotel Existence' is fkn brilliant - and check out lead singer Bernard Fannings solo album Tea and Sympathy, well worth a listen!

From what I've heard of Tea & Sympathy it sounds pretty decent. Just haven't got round to getting it yet.

Todays choices are:-

Time on Earth - Crowded House

Discovery - ELO

Oracular Spectacular - MGMT

Essential - Heart

The Colour of Spring - Talk Talk

If EL Nombre still posted he'd be choice in his slaggings.