Top 5 Albums Your Currently Listening To

Liverpool Bud

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snow Patrol - A Hundred Million Suns

That's a well impressive album and they've really gone up in my estimations after hearing that one. You can tell they've been listening to Sigur Ros.

Current top five:-

1. Parade - Prince. Me fave from the wee man.

2. Trust - Low. Superb minimalist dark sounds.

3. Grace Under Pressure - Rush. A real favourite from Lee, Lifeson & Peart.

4. Metallica - Metallica. get yer ears bleeing for this one!

4. Live! Bursting Out - Tull. Fúcking great performance of some fúcking great songs.

That's a well impressive album and they've really gone up in my estimations after hearing that one. You can tell they've been listening to Sigur Ros.

Current top five:-

1. Parade - Prince. Me fave from the wee man.

2. Trust - Low. Superb minimalist dark sounds.

3. Grace Under Pressure - Rush. A real favourite from Lee, Lifeson & Peart.

4. Metallica - Metallica. get yer ears bleeing for this one!

4. Live! Bursting Out - Tull. Fúcking great performance of some fúcking great songs.

Are you havin a laugh with that Snow Patrol sounding like Sigur Ros...utter pishflaps young man...Snow Patrol are a mediocre Coldplay copiests...pah

Morrissey...Southpaw Grammer..new edition

Jason Downs..The Spin

Everclear...Slow Motion Daydream

Kate Bush...Hounds Of Love..bonus edition

Kate Bush..The Red Shoes

Also..Puscifer...V Is For Vagina...Earthtone 9....Arc-Tan-Gent..

Deftones..Hexagram...Deftones...Saturday Night Wrist

1. Blut Aus Nord - "Memoria Vetusta - Dialogue With The Stars"

2. Fen - "The Malediction Fields"

3. Beherit - "Engram"

4. Grimm - "Heksenkringen"

5. Cannibal Corpse - "Evisceration Plague"

Edited by Thorizaar

Morrissey...Southpaw Grammer..new edition

Jason Downs..The Spin

Everclear...Slow Motion Daydream

Kate Bush...Hounds Of Love..bonus edition

Kate Bush..The Red Shoes

Also..Puscifer...V Is For Vagina...Earthtone 9....Arc-Tan-Gent..

Deftones..Hexagram...Deftones...Saturday Night Wrist

Some bloke called Derek R will be telling you that you're a fúcking idiot for not sticking to the thread title. :wink:

Anyway, for me:-

Super Hits - Southside Johnny & the Asbury Dukes

Greatest Hits - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Essential - Heart

Natural History - Talk Talk

Best of 19990-2000 - U2

Some bloke called Derek R will be telling you that you're a fúcking idiot for not sticking to the thread title. :wink:

Essential - Heart

Best of 19990-2000 - U2

Just Gave The Colour Of Spring a turn there...todays list is

Talk Talk..The Colour Of Spring

Trivium....The Crusade

Twilight Sad..14 Autumns And 15 Winters

Isis....Wavering Radiant

Morrissey...Southpaw Grammer.

Just Gave The Colour Of Spring a turn there...todays list is

Talk Talk..The Colour Of Spring

Trivium....The Crusade

Twilight Sad..14 Autumns And 15 Winters

Isis....Wavering Radiant

Morrissey...Southpaw Grammer.

The Colour of Spring is fúcking magic and I first got a loan of it, believe it or not, from Alec bloody Kerr! Currently listening to London 1986. Ace!

Very spooky Greig...you must have got a loan of the same tape that i got off him...that and the Cocteau Twins..Sunburst and Snowblind...and Suzanne Vega,s Solitude Standing...and i thought i saw big Alec today...very weird.

No, I'm sure I got a loan of it on vinyl from him. I heard Life's What you Make It and loved it from the first note. My big brother bought it and that was groovy but Alec lent me the album. Just listened to Life's What you Make It, really. Now & again, Give It Up and Living in Another World. Wasn't until I heard Natural History that I thought "fúck me, they're a great band!".

Listen to the early stuff and it's pretty 1980s pop (although how they were compared to D*ran D*ran is beyond me) but they evolved into a cracking experimental group with stuff that you really had to listen to loads of times before you got a grip of it. Thus, they progressed into what they became making them - har har - prog rock band. :)

Today's five are...ach a mix up of the ten I posted on Friday.

Incidentally, not seen Alec in ages but I remember going on a camping holiday one year to Arran with him, Stevie Moore & Tam Scott (when I say "camping" I mean we had tents & sleeping bags not that we went away mincing around like gayboys). What a fúcking holiday. All we did was drink shitloads of alcohol & stuff ourselves with fish suppers. The fish suppers were opitional. A Geordie family at the camp site said they'd never seen anyone drink as much as us. It was good to get back to work for a wee recovery spell. :wacko:

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Incidentally, not seen Alec in ages but I remember going on a camping holiday one year to Arran with him, Stevie Moore & Tam Scott (when I say "camping" I mean we had tents & sleeping bags not that we went away mincing around like gayboys). What a fúcking holiday. All we did was drink shitloads of alcohol & stuff ourselves with fish suppers. The fish suppers were opitional. A Geordie family at the camp site said they'd never seen anyone drink as much as us. It was good to get back to work for a wee recovery spell. :wacko:

Not seen him in years either..but it was a tape from the library that i got a loan of..

Stevie Moore

Pat Sharpe of Millarston

Some bloke called Derek RM will be telling you that you're a fúcking idiot for not sticking to the thread title. :wink:

Essential - Heart

Best of 19990-2000 - U2

Also:-

101 - Depeche Mode

Stand Up - Tull

Sunday 8PM - Faithless

Fate of Nations - Robert Plant

Green - REM

That's 10. It's a Top 5 Albums. Stick to the thread title, ya fucking idiot. B)