• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle

Born to Run

The River

Nebraska

The Rising

On a Boss-fest at the moment

I appreciate he is a good song writer but it is just someone I can't get into. Bought the River when it first came out and nothing else for years. Then a couple of years ago I bought a double cd with the so called "best of " Again I wondered why I bought it after a listen.

He is the real all American boy. Just does not do it for me which I think is down to a typical full blown American production where it's hard to pin point any instrument.He sounds more like a rock symphony fully blown in your face. Still a mate went to the recent gig at Hampden and was blown away with him.Each to there own and all that.

Guns n Roses - Chinese Democracy ( Gave it a second chance. Glad I did )

Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist

Metallica - Load

Pearl Jam - Ten

Nirvana - MTV Unplugged

Bob Dylan --- Biograph

Stone Roses -- Stones Roses

Elbow -- The Seldom Seen Kid

Tom Waits -- Swordfishtrombones

Various Artists -- Young, Gifted and Black (some classic reggae originals)

And i agree with Barry Proudfoot --- Chinese Democracy is a grower --

Listening to some females B)

Listening to some females today.

Carly Simon - Reflection's

Carole King - Tapestry

Patti Smith - 1975 - 2002

Kattie Melua - Collection

Erykah Badu - Worldwide Underground

The other four compensate and let ye off with Katie Melua. :D

Patti Smith is the fúcking business.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah bud...not a waterfall or goblin in there!....trying to track down a band called Shoogleniffty(sp).....a mate says they are top drawer....I just like the name really tongue.gif

I've got an album of theirs. Try the Battlefield Band/Tannahill Weavers kind of sections. Plenty of waterfalls and stuff there. :wink:

Them? What, Van Morrison's old band? :blink:

I wish Van and Chuck Berry would do a tour together and save loads of punters a whack of dosh......neither of them KIn be arsed no more but are happy to faff about for a purse! It's well shoddy..and you know what am gettin at my B(Flat) bud.Deedly etc :P

Yeah....them Canadians....Dae we still own them?....might be a royalty cheque in there somewhere......Rush buy St.Mirren....aw man :lol:

I wish Van and Chuck Berry would do a tour together and save loads of punters a whack of dosh......neither of them KIn be arsed no more but are happy to faff about for a purse! It's well shoddy..and you know what am gettin at my B(Flat) bud.Deedly etc tongue.gif

Yeah....them Canadians....Dae we still own them?....might be a royalty cheque in there somewhere......Rush buy St.Mirren....aw man laugh.gif

Well, it might put Saints in the limelight.....

1. Forefather "Ours Is The Kingdom"

2. Nattefrost "Blood and Vomit"

3. Falkenbach "Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty"

4. Penitent "Reflections Of Past Memories"

5. Wyrd "Vargtimmen Pt II - Ominous Insomnia"

Are you a vampire Is that what is called death rock as there is a guy at my work who play's some stuff with a screaming vocalist on top of thrashing guitars. I'm not salgging it as I like a peace of rock in the progressive category. :P

Muse - Resistance

Not too sure what to make of this album. There are moments of greatness though over all it is so so for me. Can see it being a huge commercial success.

Ian Brown - My way

Astrud Gilberto -Astrud Gilberto

Artic Monkeys - Humbug.

Rick James - Street Songs.

Reading a fascinating book about Rick James, His first recording was with Motown with a certain Neil Young in the band. Another member went on to form Stepping Wolf while another the Band who backed bob Dylan. Some book well worth a read.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint