Sounds Silly

elvira

Was having discussions about the various media of dvd recording.... and

What really is the difference between dvd- and dvd+? and dvdrw (which i gather to be dvd re-writable, doh! wow I figured that!or maybe not :unsure: )

Is it like vhs and betamax (going back a bit I know but wha?) :blink:

As I understand it it's not like betamax/vhs, discs written on one format or other seem to play in all home DVD players- certainly have never found any difficulties with copies made or recieved in either format.

Am fairly sure I have read a confirmation of this in one of the computer mags.

What really is the difference between dvd- and dvd+? and dvdrw (which i gather to be dvd re-writable, doh! wow I figured that!or maybe not :unsure: )

Stupid Girl...........................

• 2 weeks later...

DVD-R and DVD+R were started by different companies. At the start various manufacturers of DVD players only made they players compactable with either + or -

Anyway, the majority of players will play DVD-R better. So if you are looking to pick up some media I would get DVD-R. DVD+R haven't worked for me in past. They have came right down in price recently. Good makes of media to go for I would say are Datawrite and Ritek. Never had a problem with them

Why didn't that link work?? :unsure:

Mainly cos you're from outside of Paisley and thus stretching yourself (admirably for a Greenockian) with this techie stuff!!

You want to easily make a link?

Click the http box above. It's grey and on the 2nd line on the left...

That throws up a wee grey box which offers you 1 line into which you stick YOUR chosen address... eg

http://www.videohelp.com

(Wee clue - don't try to use HTML...)

or even jaggy bits such as > It disnae work.

Then after doing the line 1 bit, just type in what you wish the link to be called in the next wee grey box you are offered.

It is not that hard and can be a defining moment in yourn life - like it could be if you denounced the heresy of Crappilaw and became a Buddies fan..

Final hint: Don't touch or enter any part of yourself into a wee BROWN box, however nicely or well-presented you think it may be...

Awrabest..