Top 5 Foreign Language Films

Bloomsbury Bud

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's another German one about two very unassuming young lads keeping a family in a hostage/torture predicament (starts when one of them turns up wearing rubber gloves and asking to borrow six eggs). Cannae mind the name but it's very good.

Yeah, I've seen this one too on some sort of Channel 4 season of extreme cinema. Excellent stuff but can't remember the name either. Trying to find out the name from some German friends.

Other notable films are Das Experiment which is basically a German Stanford Prison Experiment and the French film The Piano Teacher which is about a female piano teacher who is into S & M and tries to get a student to do all manner of things to her. Disturbing stuff at times!

Fuxake! :)

I can only think of 2 recent foreign films both were filmed in the land of the soapdodgers so I think it's safe to say they are foreign.

1 Sweet Sixteen, It's about a young boy who is serviving his apprenticeship as a smack dealer and sets out on his own.

2 Dear Frankie, It's about a deaf mute kid who thinks his daddy sails the seven seas so blue but in essence his dad was a wife beater who beat him up as a child and caused his deafness.

any other suggestions on his from doon by the shitty water put them down please

There's another German one about two very unassuming young lads keeping a family in a hostage/torture predicament (starts when one of them turns up wearing rubber gloves and asking to borrow six eggs). Cannae mind the name but it's very good.

It's called "Funny Games".

• 3 weeks later...

1 La L'etrice (very fit young lady who gets paid to read to people)

2 Hairdressers Husband

3 Babette's Feast (swedish film) No not that kind of swedish film

4 Trop Bell Pour Toi (G. Depardieu)

5 Das Boot (A film where you end up supporting the Germans and they aren't playing England at football)

Subs: Cinema Paradiso, Cyrano de Bergerac

1 La L'etrice (very fit young lady who gets paid to read to people)

2 Hairdressers Husband

3 Babette's Feast (swedish film) No not that kind of swedish film

4 Trop Bell Pour Toi (G. Depardieu)

5 Das Boot (A film where you end up supporting the Germans and they aren't playing England at football)

Subs: Cinema Paradiso, Cyrano de Bergerac

Babette's feast was, I believe, Danish- course I could be typing p1sh.

We've done das boot - Good Film with a great Ending- Die ya Fascist F'ckers- DIE

( You would never guesss that Dad McB was RN during the war- God rest his soul :( )