Top Five Nationalities You'd Like To Be...

Bill Lees

1. Irish - mad baistards to a man, somehow passionate but laid-back at the same time, brilliant place to live.

2. French - these guys have got it right, particularly with respect to food, wine, and women. :P

3. Italian - stylish feckers who've again got the food thing dead right - but I could do without the mad religion - which goes for the Irish too, come to think of it.

4. Czech - fantastic beer, tremendous country right at the heart of Europe. Read the Good Soldier Schweijk for more details.

5. Australians - I've only ever met a few who are gits. Live in some of the most spectacular territory on the planet, and know all about having a good time.

Just as a matter of interest, American comes in at about number 348, and English at about 2008. :rolleyes: Interestingly, I'd put Welsh at number 6, boyo.

I am very proud to be Scottish and have never considered myself to be anything but Scottish. Bill has living in Engerland given you an inferiority complex :rolleyes: I travel a lot in my work and find the Scots are loved everywhere apart from some places in Engerland.. We have to thank Mel Gibson for putting us on the map. Even when I was in the Congo locals talked to me about our fight with Engerland :)

Italians, I have worked with them, give me a Scot any day. However the birds fall at their feet.

French I have worked with them also. Something goes wrong and they panic big time. They also think France is the centre of the world a bit like the Americans.

Czech , You can get their beer in any supermarket. Have you been there , some real poor souls.

Auses... My girls have to clean rooms of Auses. Nobody in the planet comes close to these dirty fu-ck-ers.

Irish.... Cool people, very much like ourselves however why want to be one :blink:

Bill has living in Engerland given you an inferiority complex

Course not - I never said I didn't want to be Scottish, I was just talking about what you'd like to be IF you weren't.

We have to thank Mel Gibson for putting us on the map.

For fuxake. Catch a grip, Ian..... :blink:

Edited by Bill Lees

For fuxake. Catch a grip, Ian..... 

Bill , Bill where is your humour gone ?

As for the movie it's true.

So rather than what nationality would I like to be I will go for where if I had the money would I puchase a second home for I have found contentment and happiness in Lochwinnoch. hope that's ok Bill :P

1- San Francisco

2-Cape Town

3-Island Of Jersey

4-Austria by lake St Wolfgang

5- Arran

So rather than what nationality would I like to be I will go for where if I had the money would I puchase a second home for I have found contentment and happiness in Lochwinnoch. hope that's ok Bill :P

1- San Francisco

The Gay capital of the World!

Outing yourself? :lol:

The Gay capital of the World!

Wrong Tom it's moved to West Hollywood :rolleyes:

However , yes it still has a large community that are...... a pain in the arse ! !

San Fran is a great town with chillied out people. It's also very diffrent from other American cities in that you can actually walk from A to B.

When I was a lad I thought that being Canadian would be great. The exoticness of being an American but without being a Yank, some immense scenery, a people raised to be capable and with a load of integrity. Funny how that's how the Yanks want to be but haven't quite managed it yet.

New Zealanders are the same and I've noticed quite a commonality between them ,the Canadians and us. However, I'm very happy to be Scottish.

I really don't like to generalise but I shall. Aussies, by and large, are okay, however there is this section of them that are incredibly loudmouthed and you'd never tire of punching the fúckers. "Yeah, we're the best a sport. We've got the best rugby team, the best cricketers, the best swimmers, the best at yachting" Excuse me, WHO GIVES A s***e ABOUT YACHTING AND BLOODY SWIMMING????

It's well known how influential Scotland has been in the past, what with inventions, philosophy, economics, art, music, politics and literature. What have Australia given us? The lawn mower and skin cancer. Yeah, thanks for that.

And bad losers???? Cannae take it when they get beat. And they think they can never be wound up and lose it big time when you tell them "Britain still owns you".

Having said that, they are, by and large a friendly lot, the country is an amazing place and they have one SUPERB sense of humour. They like to think they can drink. They can't.

As for the Irish; well I feel a close kinship being as we're Celtic brethren, however they are cultural magpies. There's many things in the folk traditions that are seen as being Irish when in fact they're Celtic and, in some cases, Scottish. I met an Irishman last year who tried to convince us that the word "minging" was actually Irish.

However, no matter where I've gone in the world, I've bumped into Irishmen and we've had a great laugh together getting blitzed.

I absolutely love the French. They are the one nation in the world that genuinely don't give a fúck about what other people think. They speak fluent English but as soon as you ask them a difficult question they're no longer bilingual. And the Gaullic shrug is a work of art. Plus the fact Platini is my favourite ever player.

Wouldn't mind being Brazilian for football reasons. Wouldn't mind being Argentine for football, steak, wine and women reasons (albeit not political or economic ones).

However, for the fact they now have total democracy and complete freedom, and live in a fabulously mystical place I'd like to give being an Iraqi a bash. :ph34r:

Have never been to the west coast. Though I do fancy the idea of driving up the length of California.

That's what I did in a open top sports car even had the Beach Boy's greatest hit's playing. I went from LA to San Fran , this was wrong. If you ever do it go the other way San Fran to LA as you want to be on the outside ( beach side ) of the road for a better view.

Greig,

Thought you might have had some more South Americans in your list ?

Notice I have no Africans ( people ) In mine :P

I love throwing around stereotypes. :)

and it's true, The French are the one nation in the world that genuinely don't give a fúck about what other people think.

China is really friendly, shame the food is awful. Same could be said about Vietnam.

Quite fancy being Icelandic in another life and to round off the top five I would go for Canada.

South African (Swim with great whites) Just might be doing that before March or April aswell :wink:

Russian (poor country but interesting place)

Canadian (Just to see some burd I was shaggin who was a no bad ride :lol: )

Spanish (full time sun with a bit of latin booty)

Erm no where else really... Although as far as visiting places is concerned I would say anywhere in the world because I wouldnt mind seeing it :)

Edited by whosyirdaddy

• 3 weeks later...

1. AUSTRAILIAN - COLD BEER AND PROPER SHEILAS - AND 'SOCCER' IS ON THE UP - THEY HAD A STATE FUNERAL LAST YEAR FOR JOHNNY WARREN OF THE 'SOCCEROOS'!

2. SWEDISH - COS OF THE BURDS

3. DUTCH - COS OF THE BURDS

4. IRISH - SO MY PATTER WOULD GET BETTER

5. SWISS - JUST TO SEE WHAT IT'S LIKE TO STAY OUT OF ALL THE WARS AND BE SELF STYLED SMUG b*****dS!! - OH AND THE BURDS.