Norrie Mcwhirter

Brew-c

IMO McWhirter may very well have gone onto play for Scotland had he not had the first of his bad injuries

The man is an SMFC legend and the fact that only just over 2K turned up for his testimonial match is probably the only time in my entire St.Mirren supporting life that I was embarrassed by our support.

Guest SAINT JAMBO

Norrie ran a few training sessions a few years back which i was involved in!Woodnt rate him much as a coach but he seemed liked a decent guy and was always solid in the games i saw him in.

Edited by SAINT JAMBO

Norrie is the best player I have ever watched play for St Mirren, a complete legend. Could tackle, win headers, pass out of defence and used to score a few free kicks as well. Very rarely made mistakes and was head and shoulders above everyone in the 1st division for about 4 years.

Guest Super Caley

Apparently Paul Lambert and Norrie McWhirter are big mates and after Lambert completes his management badges he hopes to take McWhirter as his assistant. to whichever clubs he gets a job in.

After seeing the Paul Fenwick topic, I would like to know what peeps thought of Norrie??

As a genuine part-time fan, I never saw him have a good game IMO.

Im waiting to be shot down :D

thanks guys - I have a feeling I never saw him play fully fit.

Norrie is my all time favourite Saints player and ss a modern legend!

I remember seeing him when he was first breaking through in the reserves, he scored a feckin wonder goal where he beat around four players whilst running from deep in his own half before slotting it past the keeper. From there his performances just got better and better, until he was injured.

Never the quickest and slated for being too small for a centre half / sweeper he read games incredibly well and was a match for most in the air. As someone else mentioned, he was very composed on the ball and weighed in with his share of goals too. It was painful to see him suffer in a pish saints team being paired with diddies like Lex Baillie.

Always interesting to read that Lambert often says that he wonders what Norrie would have become had it not been for his injury problems. I think he realises that things could have been very different had he suffered the injuries and Norrie didn't.

Actually saw the man himself yesterday in a local shop. Looks as if he's doing some sort of trade work (Joiner, sparky....dunno) would love to see him back in football as a coach or manager.

Think Norrie and Lambert could be a good pairing. After all, they learnt their trade at the original Home of Scottish football B)

Guest JamboMan1
A Saints legend who should have played at a much higher level.

After that wee knob muncher Grady done him at Kilbowie the wee c*nt ran off the pitch laughing.

KILL GRADY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gradys always been an arsehole

• 9 years later...