Top 5 Band Names

Thorizaar

Here's a few goodies:-

1. The Ozark Mountain Daredevils

2. Principle Edward's Magic Theatre

3. Henry Cow

4. Goats Don't Shave

and my personal favourite

5. Doctor Finlay's Bookcase. They were a local Paisley band and their piper was fúckin' excellent.

5. Doctor Finlay's Bookcase. They were a local Paisley band and their piper was fúckin' excellent.

177765[/snapback]

Yes, they were no bad, Howard. Saw them in the buroo a few years back. Don't remember there being a piper though. :P

I saw a flyer the other day for a band called -

Eric and the Bunnyboilers :D

Tottally off-topic, but when I lived in England one of my mates had a brother who was in a band called Oasis (not that one). They got a record deal and were planning to release a single when "musical differences" lead to them imploding.

If they had released a single this would have meant, I believe, that the Gallacher brothers would have had to pick a different name.

Top Names

1. Ozric Tentacles

2. Porcupine Tree

3. Sex Beatles (shameless :rolleyes: )

4. Dean Ford and the Gaylords

5. Bay City Rollers

Tottally off-topic, but when I lived in England one of my mates had a brother who was in a band called Oasis (not that one). They got a record deal and were planning to release a single when "musical differences" lead to them imploding.

If they had released a single this would have meant, I believe, that the Gallacher brothers would have had to pick a different name.

177842[/snapback]

Registering the name would have been enough to stop the Gallacher's using it I believe. Don't think you have to release anything to have copyright on the name.

Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants

Johnny and the Self-Abusers (bonus point for anyone who knows what they went on to become)

Half Man Half Biscuit

Pigbag

Fanny

177496[/snapback]

I CANT BELIEVE I FORGOT ABOUT HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT EITHER !!! FOND MEMORIES OF SEEING THEM PLAY IN GLASGOW ,,,, TRUMPTON RIOTS AND ALL THAT