Top 5 Football Hardnuts

davidg

Iain Munro was the absolute master of the two-footed tackle - but he could usually do it clean. It an was amazing thing to see, and I never quite worked how exactly how he did it, but he'd sort of fall down on his arse, lunge in with the two feet, then be stood up and haring off with the ball, all in one seamless movement, and his opponent would sometimes be on his arse, but there was rarely any doubt that he'd not been tackled completely fairly. Amazing.

Vinnie Jones you are having a laugh, he was just a coward that went into tackles that were in his favour. Rarely done the 50-50, usually went over the top to damage players. He could dish it out but could not take it back. The real tough nuts were the ones that got kicked all day and kept coming back for more that takes more courage.

George Best

Jimmy Johnstone

Pele

Kenny Dalgeish

Maradonna

Maradona??? Ye blew on him and he fell down!

I'd always heard that Dave MacKay was a fúckin hard cúnt. I saw a great photo of him grabbing Bremner by the scruff of the neck, gritted teeth and none too happy, Bremner standing with his arms held out pleading...well...for his life, probably. It was when MacKay was with Spurs and Terry Venables is in the background. Magic picture. And a really nice bloke as well, apparently.

And it's surprising you missed Norman "bites yer legs" Hunter.

180373[/snapback]

I worked with a bloke that played with Norman Hunter, he described Hunter as an terrible coward who was good at dirty tricks but would never get involved in a 'square go'. I think Bertie Auld that, publicly, found Hunter out his reputation suffered badly from that episode.

Roy Keane ?? Roy Keane ??

He is the biggest coward in the history of football ...........hardman ur arse !!!!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

180553[/snapback]

bull shi* :angry:

he was no coward in the arsenal game last year when viera tried to bully some united players.

bull shi*  :angry:

he was no coward in the arsenal game last year when viera tried to bully some united players.

180588[/snapback]

Aye a watched that game David! But let's face it he shat it fae Mick McCarthy and without a doubt Fergie's got his number!

1/ Chopper Harris

2/Billy Bremner

3/Goigochea(Spelling  :rolleyes: )

4/Kenny Black-Dirty Bastard

5/ got to put in Aber........cmon

Vinnie Jones is a pansy compared to these guys!

Oh aye and Gentile!- if ever a guy was mis-named!  :blink:

180285[/snapback]

all these players probably wre a lot tougher than my choices, but i never seen them play (seen kenny black-dirty bastard) cos i'm quite young.

just selected tough guys from my day

all these players probably wre a lot tougher than my choices, but i never seen them play (seen kenny black-dirty bastard) cos i'm quite young.

180595[/snapback]

Fair play David! :)

Guess I'm just an old git! :P

bull shi*  :angry:

180588[/snapback]

As mentioned by WeeBob he def. shat it from McCarthy and he does shit it from Fergie and he is only hard when he has a group about him !!!

Also what he did to Haaland is one of the most cowrdly acts ever committed on a football field !!!!

:angry::angry::angry:

Am not questioning the mans ability .........fantastic midfielder but a coward !!!

180595[/snapback]

Aber knoocked the keich out of Kenny Black a few times, he was never all that tough.

Is it Jimmy Drinkwater that is Saints all time hard man, I'm sure thats what my old man told me.