New Printer

whosyirdaddy

Need a printer that does the usual stuff..... Not really worried about printing photos or anything like that....

Just for standard documents and things BUT must have the facility to print on disc.... (Ive buy the printable discs).......

Looking or quality / Value for money & hopefully ink friendly (or cheap to purchased ink)

Any suggestions would be great because someone is hopefully buying it for my birthday if I get relevant model name & number asap... Cheers B)

quote=whosyirdaddy,Aug 5 2005, 14:32]

Need a printer that does the usual stuff..... Not really worried about printing photos or anything like that....

Just for standard documents and things BUT must have the facility to print on disc.... (Ive buy the printable discs).......

Looking or quality / Value for money & hopefully ink friendly (or cheap to purchased ink)

Any suggestions would be great because someone is hopefully buying it for my birthday if I get relevant model name & number asap... Cheers B)

184261[/snapback]

Mond

Check with http://www.choicestationery.com/ regarding cartridge prices and then try comewhere like Bigpockets[ for the printer............

An Epson's your best bet as the cartridges are easily cloned and therefore cheap..............

• 2 weeks later...

184261[/snapback]

I read an intresting article in 'Which' about a year ago concerning the price of printers and the original manufacturers ink and it was inferring that the big companies heavily subsidise their printers so you will end up using their ink. So the cheapest printer may not be the cheapest in the long run , HP printers performed well according to 'which' whilst Epsom printer costs (ink & volume of ink used ) were higher . I suppose you could always use compatable refills which are fine if you dont need first class results. So anyway dont buy the cheapest one ( especially if someone else is paying :lol: ) Sorry i cant recomend one with the disc print facility but i have an HP all in one and it's pretty good Brand. Also try creative computing , 1429/1433 Pollokshaws rd, Shawlands 0141-636-8523 as you will find it is cheaper than the big stores especially for discs, ink , and jewel/DVD cases etc.

WWW.creativecomputing.net

• 2 months later...