All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. " The weather doesn't know what it wants to do today "
  3. You won't be disappointed. Have you seen them bud?
  4. You won't be disappointed.
  5. Just noticed how you phrased that. There is NO "atheist belief system". Atheism is a claim on one single proposition, that god exists. All atheists claim that they are not convinced that the proposition is true. There are no other required beliefs, or lack of, to be an atheist.
  6. Yes, I know, but the following are the ONLY ones that the bible refers to as the Ten Commandments:- Exodus 34:11-28 New International Version (NIV) 11 Obey what I command you today. I will drive out before you the Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 12 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going, or they will be a snare among you. 13 Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles. 14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. 15 “Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same. 17 “Do not make any idols. 18 “Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt. 19 “The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock. 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons. “No one is to appear before me empty handed. 21 “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest. 22 “Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the first fruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year. 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the Lord your God. 25 “Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Festival remain until morning. 26 “Bring the best of the first fruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God. “Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.” 27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant — the Ten Commandments. I've never, ever heard a christian claim that these are the Ten Commandments as the bible does. "Cherry picking" springs to mind, for some reason, or maybe it's just ignorance of what the bible actually says.
  7. I'll only reply to say that that's not even worth a reply.
  8. I think that 21/10 Saints win is appealing and shall stick a tenner on it. This mob are pish, have a history of shitting the bed in play offs, and have been up against diddy mobs all season. As for McMullen, well we've all seen his levels of shitebaggery after minimal contact. Bring it on, easy street 2nd leg!
  9. Good to hear from you Davie. Couldn’t get a ticket for me and the wee lad for tomorrow, but thankfully sorted for Sunday. Playing footie tomorrow night, so hopefully come off the pitch to hear we’ve done the business. Shout on the boys from me and fingers crossed for a good result. Tell Mickey I said hello.
  10. 1. Scientific research cannot be contradictory as it is something you do. The claims you make after interpreting the results of the research can be contradictory. The example of the tobacco industry is the perfect example of scientists proving claims of other scientists wrong. It's exactly why we can rely on science. If someone makes a claim, others try to replicate the experiments to see if they come up with the same results. If they don't, then the claims are disproved and binned. That's why anyone (e.g. Ham, Hovind etc) can say that scientists used to believe this or that. It's not normally the case that they believed it, it is that it was claimed at some point by someone. 2. I have watched it - I watch a lot of stuff like that as I like to know what I am talking about. It uses just a part of the Dawkins interview. You just need to Google it and you can find lots of copies of the whole video. Dawkins was unfairly represented in the "movie" and you have swallowed it. Dawkins is even on record as stating that he was misrepresented. 3. I would read them, if I haven't already, but there's a chance I have (see previous answer). You say that everyone understands chance then go on to prove that you don't. It doesn't matter how much chance something had of happening, if it has happened. Things with long odds happen all the time, some things with very short odds of happening have never happened. Chance just tells you the likelihood of something happening, it doesn't guarantee that it will or won't happen. It's all just statistics. 4. Macro evolution has been proved in the lab with (IIRC) fruit flies and also with ring species in nature. There have been a few fakes and a lot of incorrect claims. What they all have in common is that they have all been disproved by other scientists. Absolutely none of them were disproved by religious dogma. There have been examples of things being reclassified due to changes in classification systems that the likes of AIG try to jump on to "prove" scientists wrong when it is only due to things like changes in the names of categories. 5. If lots of other people who have studied the subject for their whole lives look at the evidence and agree (through replication of experiments etc.), then I will trust them. It's not faith in the same way as religious faith (belief in something even though there is no good evidence or, more commonly, belief in something in spite of the evidence), it is because there is a reason to trust them. They have earned the trust. 6. You never answered any of that previously. The one thing you did do was state that you neither believed in a young earth or old earth and contradicted yourself with the micro/macro evolution stuff. At least tell me what dating methods have been disproved - and I mean disproved, not binned in favour of more accurate methods, e.g. ones with smaller error bars. 7. I never claimed anywhere that none of it can be taken literally. As for being out of my depth on the bible - try me. I was brought up in a very religious household, I really do know what I'm talking about. The problem is that most religious people don't know because they haven't read the bible, have read only select passages, or only listened to the preachers who, funnily enough, never seem to mention things like the bible saying that Noah was 500 years old when he became a father, about 600 years old when he finished building the ark, 601when the earth dried up and 950 when he died - just in case we think it's all bullshit. Really, try me ...
  11. A Band Called Malice this Friday in the Old Swan, only seen a couple of YouTube videos but they sound very good and have good reviews.
  12. Today
  13. Not been on the forum for about 6 months or more but good to see you are still posting Donald. Maybe see you at tannadice tomorrow night as driving through with Graeme Macpherson and a couple of mates. In the upper tier shouting abuse down at Div and his minions in the lower tier. Get Ally along to watch a proper footbal team. COYS!
  14. ^^^ This is good . . . Top Bin was also carrying a hernia for many months too... brilliant though - enjoy these two ties . . .
  15. [emoji23][emoji23] I see your sin bin boy friend liked your edit [emoji6][emoji23]
  16. My biggest concern for tomorrow is us getting on the wrong end of a bad refereeing decision and getting someone sent off. Early. Well hopefully that won't happen - but there are all kinds of scenarios that could go for or against us... don't worry - it won't help in any way... The very biggest issue is the results and who is in the Premiership next season... we can only play our part by vocally screaming encouragement from the sides . . . It would be a bigger set back for us if we don't win - they will be stronger and possible win the Championship next season . . . So we need to stay up . . .
  17. It wasn't, but your post certainly is. It turned out that he wasn't and yes mine was - I was not promoting any party - I am pissed off at all our MP's and the mess we are in - whether the Brexit vote was right or wrong - we should have left by now and this election would not have taken place... how much tax payers money has this intransigence cost? Meanwhile there are foodbanks throughout Great Britain - something is clearly not right . . .
  18. Seriously, I don't have the time to play this game - this is why I won't play tennis with you on it on it..... I suspect it won't be fruitful for either of us too... here is my last go before we get pelters for being off the topic.... 1. Contradictory Scientific research finds opposing views and is used to make claims that their data disproves the other scientific work and theories. e.g. There are over 200 scientific theories which have had papers published on various arguments about the root causes for, Global warming, Global Dimming, Climate change from sea deposits, etc. they all make claims about root causes and effects which disagree with one another's other theories theories). The tobacca industry did scientific research to convince people that cigarettes did not do people any harm - other scientists came up with an opposite view on this - I would say that was pretty contradictory... 2. No I have not misrepresented Dawkins - watch the video - Expelled. It is fascinating how for him he will believe anything but God. It comes out in his other writing and debates too. 3. If I tell you my sources will you bother to read them? (Same for the stuff I have read - it is too much to list here) It does not sound to me like you will so I won't list it... sorry if I misjudged you here... Some things have a reasonable chance - for others though the likelihood is beyond never. e.g. my chances of winning the lottery are next to nil - I don't buy a ticket - that is not to sat that someone will buy one one day and post it through my door - chances though are not great. 4. You pegged me wrong here - the only thing that stops me believing in macro evolution is EVIDENCE. Given the claims of the world being hundreds of millions of years old, there ought to be some tangible evidence by now - lots and lots of bones have been dug up - yet so many of the claims were soon disproved, some desperate forgeries for all the wrong reasons etc. 5. Wrong again - I don't know how old the earth is - I am not sure - I am not claiming either... I don't believe anyone can prove that their theory is absolutely correct on the age of the earth from the arguments that they present - a measure of trusting their arguments OR faith is required... though I don't believe it will be less than say 10,000 years... 6. I have answered this for you previously, but you obviously let it go over your head and are still stuck in the same place...I won't waste my time doing repeats... 7. Even your question is questionable. On the one hand you claim to be aware of the genre, but on the other you are implying that none of it can be taken literally. You are out of your depth on the Bible my friend... common for folk who only listen to or are determined to stay on a fixed mindset... You need both sides ideas to find balance . . .
  19. I get where your coming from but let's be fair. Jack Hamilton was woeful. Cody was very fortunate on Saturday. but he got them all on target and they went in that's all you can ask but Hamilton is no Hladky
  20. That's his greatest weakness I agree but I think he looks much fitter and better than he has all season. In the last couple of games I think he has played some great balls and let loose a couple of Rockets. I think Stephen is about to stand up to the plate at last. Thank feck. He's been woeful all season. The team has being playing very patient football. I get your point but our defence is suspect. When we press and players are out of position we often get caught at the back. Big Gary Mack often struggles to get back. He wasn't playing but Dundee still exploited our sloppy back tracking on Saturday. I think Oran plays it cagey for this very reason. I get frustrated too at our lack of penetration but hopefully this week we keep United under the cosh and keep the ball at all costs. Like we have seen in Previous weeks the goals will come.
  21. Watch out, realism is seen as negativity among the gang.
  22. My biggest concern for tomorrow is us getting on the wrong end of a bad refereeing decision and getting someone sent off. Early.
  23. I think Cooke deserves to start ut like you I believe OK will stick to one up front, likely to be Mullen if Jackson still recovering. This will be OK if we stop launching high balls up to him and play it into the channels instead.
  24. Won a few from losing positions too mind......
  1. Load more activity