Wireless Network

EL NOMBRE

I have 2 laptops....one is at present connected to the NTL cable modem for my Broadband connection.However I have purchased a router and a wireless card for this laptop.

The plan is to install the wireless card,set up the router and see if the first laptop will go wireless without to much hassle.Then add the second laptop onto the existing wireless network.

Is this the best way to do it......or am I gonnae make an arse of it doing it this way.

Any tips would be helpfull! :)

A friend of mine who works in IT said to make sure you buy the Router and network card together ensuring they are from the same maker as that often saves grief further down the line.

Your approach is a good one because if you get grief you will probably have to go online with the non wireless set up to get the solutions to your problem from the router manufacture.

Edited by madmitch

A friend of mine who works in IT said  to make sure you buy the Router and network card together ensuring they are from the same maker as that often saves grief further down the line.

Your approach is a good one because if you get grief you will probably have to go online with the non wireless set up to get the solutions to your problem from the router manufacture.

244079[/snapback]

Cheers for the heads up bud! :wink:

Got it set up......seems to be working.....but not overly happy about it.Mainly cos it seemed to easy.....I never trust stuff when it goes to smoothly. :unsure:

Will need to take advice.Anyone got experience of this stuff?......Holly do you not have a wireless thing?

244225[/snapback]

If it's working don't mess with it!!!

ive got a wireless router at home, ive got a pc in the attic room, and use my laptop in living room, my router is in a bedroom upstairs as this is where i get the best signal for both comps. :)

244454[/snapback]

Cheers bud......will give it a go moving the thing about a bit! See what happens.It did work for a bit yesterday....then decided to give up the ghost.Was well cheesed off! :angry: