Setanta On The Tellybox

chico

anyone done that option?

i'm sort of tempted but the tellyboxs with slots are about £50 in the shops, plus £10 to activate the card before getting setanta.

any ideas on cheapo tellyboxes with slots and viewingcards?

.. and no i don't want sky or virgin cable.

anyone done that option?

i'm sort of tempted but the tellyboxs with slots are about £50 in the shops, plus £10 to activate the card before getting setanta.

any ideas on cheapo tellyboxes with slots and viewingcards?

.. and no i don't want sky or virgin cable.

I have had setanta on freeview and I now have it on Satellite.

Satellite is definitely the preferred option.

You get 8 channels on satellite where you only get one on Freeview.

Admittedly two of the channels on Satellite are Tellytimmies and Orange Bob Scum Pants, but you get to see the Full SPL with extended highlights of saints games and some saints games live.

The Full SPL gets shunted about from Setanta 1 to Setanta 2, this is where there is a disadvantage, freeview has only one Setanta channel (setanta 1) so you are limited to what they show on Setanta 1, on occasion they will have to put live games on Setanta 2 so you are basically fecked there if you've got freeview.

I have had setanta on freeview and I now have it on Satellite.

Satellite is definitely the preferred option.

You get 8 channels on satellite where you only get one on Freeview.

Admittedly two of the channels on Satellite are Tellytimmies and Orange Bob Scum Pants, but you get to see the Full SPL with extended highlights of saints games and some saints games live.

The Full SPL gets shunted about from Setanta 1 to Setanta 2, this is where there is a disadvantage, freeview has only one Setanta channel (setanta 1) so you are limited to what they show on Setanta 1, on occasion they will have to put live games on Setanta 2 so you are basically fecked there if you've got freeview.

cheers joe, there's a doofer available for the idtv sets called a CAM that has the setanta card, the set up costs and one months viewing available in a package. I'm trying to get one and will let you guys know once i've got it installed. My tv is an integrated idtv, so getting another tellybox or sky or cable wasn't really an option i wanted and i'm quite happy with my existing broadband and my own wireless set up as well, had thought of the bt vision thing, but this will be better as i really don't want the bt wireless kit at all and it's a simple thing to plug into my telly (hopefully).

cheers joe, there's a doofer available for the idtv sets called a CAM that has the setanta card, the set up costs and one months viewing available in a package. I'm trying to get one and will let you guys know once i've got it installed. My tv is an integrated idtv, so getting another tellybox or sky or cable wasn't really an option i wanted and i'm quite happy with my existing broadband and my own wireless set up as well, had thought of the bt vision thing, but this will be better as i really don't want the bt wireless kit at all and it's a simple thing to plug into my telly (hopefully).

The real pain in the arse about freeview was that I got freeview to see saints live games and also the Full SPL so I would get to see the goals and extended highlights on a saturday night, then the cùnts shifted the Full SPL to Setanta 2 which meant I had to watch they two balloons on scotsport on a monday night, they cancelled my 12 month freeview contract because of that.

They shunt the Full SPL from channel to channel because they know people want to see it and to encourage freeview viewers to go to the Sky platform.

Also this 10 quid per month deal will probably increase again next season (on satellite at least) but should remain the same on freeview as they can only provide one channel on freeview for the time being.