Email Headers

whosyirdaddy

Ive been having a few problems with a seller on Ebay and via weeks of contact Ive finally got some form of response from Ebay to sort it out (HOPEFULLY !!!)

Only thing is they are asking for email header address and stuff like that.... Anyone know a step by step guide for idiots on how to do this ??? :unsure:

Ive been having a few problems with a seller on Ebay and via weeks of contact Ive finally got some form of response from Ebay to sort it out (HOPEFULLY !!!)

Only thing is they are asking for email header address and stuff like that.... Anyone know a step by step guide for idiots on how to do this ??? :unsure:

167168[/snapback]

Did yer maw put in the order.............? :rolleyes:

Guest squigglebob

167168[/snapback]

For step by step guide what email client are you using?

The headers are parts of an email that are created and added to by each email server that deals with it. They list each email server that has dealt with it along the way giving information as to where and when it recieved it from.

In general to pass this info on i would forward the original email as an attachment rather than inline text.

For step by step guide what email client are you using?

The headers are parts of an email that are created and added to by each email server that deals with it. They list each email server that has dealt with it along the way giving information as to where and when it recieved it from.

In general to pass this info on i would forward the original email as an attachment rather than inline text.

167574[/snapback]

MSN Hotmail :wink:

Guest squigglebob
MSN Hotmail :wink:

167588[/snapback]

You can view your headers by changing your Mail Display Settings under options.

The options link is at the right hand side of the hotmail page on the same line as the tabs that say "Today" "Mail" "Calendar" "Contacts". [i'm telling you where it is cos i struggled to find it :angry: ]

You have a choice of showing headers : None, Basic, Full, Advanced.

FUll or Advanced should do it. You can then copy & paste the full email including Headers into a new email.

Hope that helps..........

~bob