Sound Problem

Bill Lees

When I try to play an mpeg on Winamp or Realplayer on my machine, I get the pictures but no sound through my speakers. The speakers are okay, because playing DVDs will put sound through them. But strangely, CDs are silent too.

Anybody know what the problem is ?

When I try to play an mpeg on Winamp or Realplayer on my machine, I get the pictures but no sound through my speakers. The speakers are okay, because playing DVDs will put sound through them.  But strangely, CDs are silent too.

211665[/snapback]

Lochwinnoch Saint's got a voodoo doll of your PC...................

When I try to play an mpeg on Winamp or Realplayer on my machine, I get the pictures but no sound through my speakers. The speakers are okay, because playing DVDs will put sound through them.  But strangely, CDs are silent too.

211665[/snapback]

Check your volume settings Bill. Might sound daft but there's more than likely a good number of them and if one gets turned down or muted it can mess things up.

211665[/snapback]

You might have went deaf..........

You might have the subtitles on and reading them and are just hearing the words in your head as a result of visual not aural stimulation..............

You might have went deaf..........

You might have the subtitles on and reading them and are just hearing the words in your head as a result of visual not aural stimulation..............

211671[/snapback]

Yeah, thanks, Bill. I knew I could rely on you for helpful advice ..... :unsure:

Check your volume settings Bill.  Might sound daft but there's more than likely a good number of them and if one gets turned down or muted it can mess things up.

211670[/snapback]

Thanks, Dave - that's exactly what it was - I had the audio sound setting on mute (god knows how that happened).