Auto Updates

whosyirdaddy

Im currently using a newer Laptop, Sony Vaio one...

Evrytime I connect to the net, I have to add Auto Updates.... Just feel this is strange as previously it use to just do it all in one massive lump ....

Seems to be doing a tiny wee bit at a time :blink:

Could thius be in the settings

Evrytime I connect to the net, I have to add Auto Updates.... Just feel this is strange as previously it use to just do it all in one massive lump ....

Two questions - do you have SP2 installed? And how fast is your connection? If you don't have SP2 installed, Microsoft Update will be downloading it and it's fecking huge. If you have a slow connection it will download it a bit at a time until you have all of it on your hard disk then it will install it.

Other than that, it's a Spanish footballer (Fúcktifano)

Two questions - do you have SP2 installed? And how fast is your connection? If you don't have SP2 installed, Microsoft Update will be downloading it and it's fecking huge. If you have a slow connection it will download it a bit at a time until you have all of it on your hard disk then it will install it.

Other than that, it's a Spanish footballer (Fúcktifano)

Other issue is whether or not you have legit Microsoft software (XP and Office)installed. I know a guy who's sitting within touching distance of my keyboard who hasn't and the autoupdate downloaded SP2 and now his machine at home is fecked.

Rebuild is now in order to sort problem I think

Moral of story .... Use dodgy software if you want but don't let your computer dowload SP2 B)

Guest wydisanob

no just the usre dddooooooooooooooooooooooh

Other issue is whether or not you have legit Microsoft software (XP and Office)installed. I know a guy who's sitting within touching distance of my keyboard who hasn't and the autoupdate downloaded SP2 and now his machine at home is fecked.

If it's not legit software it would just stop updating!!!(trust me I know :wink: )

Guest wydisanob

If it's not legit software it would just stop updating!!!(trust me I know :wink: )

he has always been a dodgy person its probably a knocked off laptop